PDA

View Full Version : The problem so many have..noone answered

bakalakadaka
03-26-07, 07:02 AM
I noticed quite a lot people including me wandering something.They posted on many forums including this one but nobody fully answered.The thing is:in manual, the have a screenshot of realsm options and explain them all.Now,there they have smt like weapon ofiicer assistance,realistic ship sinking time,realsistic vulnerability,no noise meter...But all of this people including me DON'T HAVE ALL THAT!!!Also look at the screenshot of the main menu zoomed in so you can see what it says.Now in my main menu there is no'back to game'option or replay option.WHAT IS GOING ON?Please someone help we all feel like we have a crippled version!!!

ryuzu
03-26-07, 07:20 AM
I noticed quite a lot people including me wandering something.They posted on many forums including this one but nobody fully answered.The thing is:in manual, the have a screenshot of realsm options and explain them all.Now,there they have smt like weapon ofiicer assistance,realistic ship sinking time,realsistic vulnerability,no noise meter...But all of this people including me DON'T HAVE ALL THAT!!!Also look at the screenshot of the main menu zoomed in so you can see what it says.Now in my main menu there is no'back to game'option or replay option.WHAT IS GOING ON?Please someone help we all feel like we have a crippled version!!!

Most of these things have been mentioned.

Missing options - the main one was missing Imperial units - they're in now, but others have mentioned the missing crew help and noise options. Wouldn't surprise me if most of these were options in configuration files that just have no GUI button to control them.

As for the replay options - I don't know what menu you're looking at, but the replay stuff is working as far as I've used it (which isn't that much really). In fact it seems to work surprisingly well from my limited playing with it.

r.

Galanti
03-26-07, 07:23 AM
The option for realistic ship times would be a very IMO. They go down way too fast now.

Capt.LoneRanger
03-26-07, 07:25 AM
I'm not sure if I understand this question correctly.

You wonder why there are options in the manual, that are not present in the final? That's a real pitty for some of those options, but it's not uncommon. A manual has to be written, translated, layed out, edited, etc, before it finally can be printed. This is a long process and at the time at which you have to start, you usually don't have the final version at hand, especially with SilentHunter, as it seems the release-date was a bit early and the game even after the 1st patch seems beta in many aspects.

So, infact you have a manual for the pre-release-game. The fact that many main aspects of the game are not included (like how and where to dock after your port was overrun) support this.

Other games, like LOMAC, IL2 and X3 had additional manuals being released for new patches or new versions being released.

Ragtag
03-26-07, 07:29 AM
Take a look at the SH3 manual and the SH4 manual. Some sections are identical. They copied and pasted ALOT from the SH3 manual to the SH4 and many things didn't get edited out :) Thats why the manual is full of errors.

ryuzu
03-26-07, 07:44 AM
Take a look at the SH3 manual and the SH4 manual. Some sections are identical. They copied and pasted ALOT from the SH3 manual to the SH4 and many things didn't get edited out :) Thats why the manual is full of errors.

I'm not 100% on that - there are some options in the manual that (as far as I remember) were not in SH3.... However, I only look at the gameplay options once (per install!) to switch all the realism on, so I may have missed some of them in SH3.

r.

Ragtag
03-26-07, 07:52 AM
I have both original manuals and many sections in the SH4 manual are ripped off the SH3 manual. Not EVERYTHING but some sections.

Fat Bhoy Tim
03-26-07, 08:10 AM
[

Missing options - the main one was missing Imperial units - they're in now, but others have mentioned the missing crew help and noise options. Wouldn't surprise me if most of these were options in configuration files that just have no GUI button to control them.

The imperial units still haven't been implemented right. Ranges quoted in feet and not yards, recog manuals in metric to start with doesn't help, gun sight in metric - etc etc.

bakalakadaka
03-26-07, 08:41 AM
Oh,yes i forgot to ask.Maybe I will look like a noob but whats that imperial and smt units measurment?what are they for and what is the difference.I left it at default because i dont know what it does.Do you think Ubi will include those realsitic options in the coming paches?

Sailor Steve
03-26-07, 10:33 AM
Imperial is inches/feet/yards/fathoms/miles, as opposed to metric milimetres/centimetres/metres/kilometres.