PDA

View Full Version : Need help with manual targeting...

Steel_Tomb
03-26-07, 05:52 AM
Hi guys, I've been playing SH3 for about a year now and just got myself SH4, but thought I'd use the manual firing computer thing instead of the magic auto lock feature...only problem is I don't have a clue what I'm doing wrong...watch the manual TDC vid about taking down the yamato but theres still stuff I'm unsure about, anywhere I can go which has detailed tutorials on how to do it? The manual is worthless if you want to do things manually.

I'm also pretty poor at proper navigation when it comes to intercepting a ship, atm I just take a guess and normally get it but do miss the target quite often so any help there would be great :D.

ST

Dowly
03-26-07, 05:57 AM
Can you give a brief explanation on what you do?

This is what I do (in order):

1. Identify the ship
2. press the red button in the TDC windows right bottom corner (to keep the TDC updating the info as I put it AFAIK)
3. Take the range with the stadimeter and press the red button that looks like 'play' button to transfer the data to TDC.
4. AOB, transfer to TDC
5. Guess the speed, transfer to TDC
6. Open the torpedo tube, so the fish leaves the tube faster (dont know if this matters in SH4, but it did matter in SH3)
7. Fire.
8. KABOOOOOOOOM!!

:yep:

ryuzu
03-26-07, 06:00 AM
Hi guys, I've been playing SH3 for about a year now and just got myself SH4, but thought I'd use the manual firing computer thing instead of the magic auto lock feature...only problem is I don't have a clue what I'm doing wrong...watch the manual TDC vid about taking down the yamato but theres still stuff I'm unsure about, anywhere I can go which has detailed tutorials on how to do it? The manual is worthless if you want to do things manually.

Well besides searching this forum and the SH3 one.... hmmm probably not a great deal. There are other tutorials and descriptions on the web, but you won't be able to recreate those exactly in SH4.

r.

ryuzu
03-26-07, 06:02 AM
Can you give a brief explanation on what you do?

This is what I do (in order):

5. Guess the speed, transfer to TDC <-----------------

8. KABOOOOOOOOM!!

:yep:

Hmmm - I'm not sure 8 will follow 5 all that often :)

r.

Steel_Tomb
03-26-07, 06:13 AM
Wow thanks for the quick replies.

@Dowly: I do roughly what you do, but its things like calculating AoB, speed and distance that are the things I find difficult (my maths isn't exactly amazing!), what are the formula's for calculating these things? (sorry I should have put that in the initial question :oops:)

Dowly
03-26-07, 06:25 AM
I make my attacks from close range, under 1km. So, I find that the AoB doesnt matter too much. Just take a quick look to see how the ship is positioned and input the AoB.