PDA

View Full Version : Getting radar contacts...with no radar?!

McBeck
03-26-07, 02:20 AM
The topic pretty much says it all...

In the game I get radar contacts, but in the radar station the radar is turned off and the button to turn it on is grey..

Anyone else seen this?

Ducimus
03-26-07, 04:12 AM
Yup. And then later on, i got no radar contacts at all. Ii had equiped was the SJ aerial radar, and i was getting radar contacts against ships; and later it just stopped working. At no point did i ever have a working radar screen.

Dustyboats
03-26-07, 09:31 AM
I'm having the same trouble with Radar and Sonar is very depth concious.

Slizen
03-26-07, 09:39 AM
same problem for me too, a very usefull bug though :D

Anachronous
03-26-07, 10:31 AM
Got my new sub and noticed this too.

Ping Jockey
03-26-07, 10:34 AM
I get Radar reports and I have no Radar????

Nightmare
03-26-07, 11:24 AM
The radar station only works if your sub has been upgraded to have SJ radar. However in 1942 I put SD radar on my Gato and I get radar contacts, (SD radar doesn’t have a station). I have three issues with the SD radar:

1) The SD radar was really only able to pick up airborne contacts. I've been successfully able to pick up surface contacts and track them, which brings me to point two...

2) SD radar should not give a bearing of the contact, only range.

3) 7 out of 10 times my lookouts spot planes before my SD picks them up. Of course this means I never get under in time so I have to avoid a bombing run. I'm just pretending that it's down for maintenance or something, but it should have better detection than that. In both "Clear the Bridge" and "Wahoo" Richard O'Kane was never really surprised by aircraft to the extent I have been.

McBeck
03-26-07, 11:34 AM
Ahhh...iv got a radar...a SD radar :)

Onkel Neal
03-26-07, 11:45 AM
The radar station only works if your sub has been upgraded to have SJ radar. However in 1942 I put SD radar on my Gato and I get radar contacts, (SD radar doesn’t have a station). I have three issues with the SD radar:

1) The SD radar was really only able to pick up airborne contacts. I've been successfully able to pick up surface contacts and track them, which brings me to point two...

2) SD radar should not give a bearing of the contact, only range.

3) 7 out of 10 times my lookouts spot planes before my SD picks them up. Of course this means I never get under in time so I have to avoid a bombing run. I'm just pretending that it's down for maintenance or something, but it should have better detection than that. In both "Clear the Bridge" and "Wahoo" Richard O'Kane was never really surprised by aircraft to the extent I have been.

Don't quote me on it (because I don't wanna be called a Liar!!!) but I believe this will get fixed in patch v1.2 :know: