PDA

View Full Version : We need to bug the XFire guys to add support for Sh4!

XanderF
03-25-07, 09:07 PM
As above. Sh3 is already in XFire, Sh4 is not yet. I'd guess posting in this thread (http://www.xfire.com/xf/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=116472) and/or sending emails would be enough.

Why?

- It gives you cool stats tracking (for example, time played in the last 7 days, time played total, etc.)
- Provides a handy chat and voice communication method that works in a multitude of games (obviously, this works in the background where the game is 'supported' or not, BUT...)
- It shows your status in your XFire window to everyone on your 'buddies' list, and what game you are currently playing. (IE., I can see one of my coworkers playing 'Battlefield 2142', another in 'IL2: Forgotten Battles', I may appear in some else's list as playing 'Silent Hunter III', etc) This only works for 'supported' games, though.

LOTS of sims are already supported - 'Dangerous Waters' is in, 'Silent Hunter III' is in, 'IL2: Forgotten Battles' is in, 'Falcon 4: Allied Force', 'Lock On', etc.

stabiz
03-25-07, 09:39 PM
I totally agree, XFire is a really cool little program. One of the better features is that if one of youre mates is playing something, you can just rightclick the multiplayer game he is playing, and choose "join game". (If you have the game, of course)

XanderF
03-25-07, 11:39 PM
I totally agree, XFire is a really cool little program. One of the better features is that if one of youre mates is playing something, you can just rightclick the multiplayer game he is playing, and choose "join game". (If you have the game, of course)

And if the game is supported, of course. Nudge, nudge, wink, wink.

XanderF
03-27-07, 09:36 PM
Out of curiosity - does anyone here actually USE Xfire? If not, you should, it's awesome.

I don't see any bumps over there, though. :cry:

phatmatt
03-27-07, 10:02 PM
Out of curiosity - does anyone here actually USE Xfire? If not, you should, it's awesome.

I don't see any bumps over there, though. :cry:

I use it all the time, wouldnt be able to live without it :p

stabiz
03-27-07, 10:32 PM
XFire is better than sex!

:huh: No, its really not, but its good.

skullman86
03-27-07, 11:46 PM
It just got updated :P.I posted in that topic like 20 minutes ago too xD

RoDent
03-27-07, 11:49 PM
I agree. And yes i use it all the time when ever gamen' it up.
And the reason my status for this week says "no games played" is because ive been trying to get SH4 working online but to no avail. :damn:
Plus it would have something along the lines of close to 40hrs played of SH4 in just career and war patrol gamen. BUT... As mentioned its not supported yet...and well i guess the same goes from UBI.
Hopefully the next patch fixes these issues along with the others. This game has good potential and even though i can't play online (Failed to Initalize) is still find the game more than enough to be playable and enjoy some patrols.

skullman86
03-28-07, 12:09 AM
You cant play online?I know their server was down a few days ago and I had the same problem but I was able to get on eventually.The whole failed to initialize thing is probably on their end unless it's required that we open ports just to get to the lobby :hmm:

Well the good news is you can at least get some hours in cause it just got updated, new games supported are

Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars
Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific :arrgh!:
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadows of Chernobyl
TMNT
Silverfall

XanderF
03-28-07, 01:34 AM

Woohoo!

Xfire just got updated, and Sh4 is now supported!

RoDent
03-28-07, 01:39 AM
Turns out Norton Security etc... (even though i configured all ports correctly) Didn't like the way you had to Login into UBI to play online. Ended up uninstalling it and BINGO...success! I just updated x-fire to. Now i have to re-install firewall etc.. and hope it will allow SH4 to run again.:roll:

Rilder
03-28-07, 01:45 AM
I personaly dislike X-fire, don't know why, but I never use it, used it once for a Americas army Clan I joined but I don't get addicted to FPS' for more then a week so that didn't work out.

phatmatt
03-28-07, 05:02 PM
Woohoo!

Xfire just got updated, and Sh4 is now supported!

great now i got another reason to play SH4!

thanks Xfire :up: