PDA

View Full Version : Same mission over and over

Faamecanic
03-25-07, 05:30 PM
On my third patrol from Pearl and guess where I get send....Honshu patrol...again. And the last time even though I loitered over the mission marker for 24 hrs..I never got the "Mission complete, sink ships in honshu area" like I did on my first patrol.

Is this happening to everyone else??

hyperion2206
03-25-07, 05:38 PM
On my third patrol from Pearl and guess where I get send....Honshu patrol...again. And the last time even though I loitered over the mission marker for 24 hrs..I never got the "Mission complete, sink ships in honshu area" like I did on my first patrol.

Is this happening to everyone else??
Today I was assigned to deliver 25 tons of resupplies to New Britain although I've done it the mission before, but that's not enough to convince me that it occurs to often.;)
I think I know what you have to do to complete the mission star+ binocular (that's the mission you talk about in your post, right?). Draw a circle of 55nm around the symbol and patrol that area for 48 hours, that should do the trick (it worked for me once, I have to test if it's working all the time).

Charos
03-25-07, 05:48 PM
Unlike SH3 I dont think the patrol area X is completed after 24 Hours.

Only after I ran out of torps and most of my shells after several days and radioing back several times that I was out of ammo did it then tick my patrol area off and tell me to RTB.

Which was after a few days in the area had elapsed.

After all a sub in an area is still required for recon duties.

CaptJodan
03-25-07, 06:21 PM
Delivered 4 agents in a row to Saipan. I'm over that. :) They can very well get another boat to deliver their blasted agents. It was my first campaign (I'm on another campaign now getting more varied missions so far), and all but the first mission was "deliver an agent". I've delivered 3 to some island in Japan and 4 to Saipan. Over it, I tell you! :) :damn:

Faamecanic
03-30-07, 06:38 AM
I have tried patroling the area for 48hrs (but I didnt try the 55mi radius thing..will try tht next).

Im on patrol 5 and guess where I get sent for the 5th time :nope: I have only been able to complete 1 patrol...my first one. Ughh

hyperion2206
03-30-07, 09:08 AM
I have tried patroling the area for 48hrs (but I didnt try the 55mi radius thing..will try tht next).

Im on patrol 5 and guess where I get sent for the 5th time :nope: I have only been able to complete 1 patrol...my first one. Ughh

I've tested and I can now confirm that you have to patrol an are with the radius not bigger than 55nm for 48 hours.:yep::smug:

Faamecanic
03-30-07, 10:01 AM

I've tested and I can now confirm that you have to patrol an are with the radius not bigger than 55nm for 48 hours.:yep::smug:

Hyperion...if this works THANKS!!!

Burnspot
03-30-07, 10:19 AM
I'm not so sure it cares if you stay in the area once you reach the objective to activate the "sink merchant shipping" portion. I was on patrol in the Java sea, but slowly worked my way eastward until I was nowhere near my objective. I sank some shipping near the Torres Strait (NE corner of Australia) and noted that my objective changed to "complete"....if I'm not mistaken, that was well over 1,000 miles from my assigned patrol area.