PDA

View Full Version : Floaty mouse problem

KevinM
03-25-07, 03:08 PM
Well, I finally managed to get SHIV installed on my Vista system, however, I am having a bit of trouble with my mouse control.

On the main menu screen, my mouse moves fine, no problem. But once I am aboard my boat, my mouse seems to move in a very floaty manner. If I stop moving my mouse, the pointer still moves around the screen for another 1/2 second or so, which makes it really difficult to actually control and to click on the various icons.

I have a Core 2 Duo CPU, 3 Gb RAM, ATI X1650 graphics and run under Vista at 1024x768 @60Hz

Does anyone else have a problem with their mouse control, and is there anything that you can suggest ?

Thanks,
Kevin.

-Pv-
03-25-07, 04:22 PM
I think everyone experiences this and it's a product of the additional workload in the 3D game. No solution for now.
-Pv-

KevinM
03-25-07, 06:07 PM
OK, thanks for that. I thought it was maybe some kind of Vista-ism, but I suppose we can just hope it gets fixed in one of the upcoming patches.

Cheers,
Kevin.

FAdmiral
03-25-07, 06:52 PM
Yes, at this moment, the mouse feels like it is connected to the pointer
by a couple of loose strings. Hope to see it fixed soon...

JIM

Elder-Pirate
03-25-07, 07:16 PM
OK, thanks for that. I thought it was maybe some kind of Vista-ism, but I suppose we can just hope it gets fixed in one of the upcoming patches.

Cheers,
Kevin.

Check your frame rates ( F8 ), they will probably be real low, which means you've something set in the Sim that needs to be unset. I don't have half the computer you do and I have never had the mouse drag yet. ( knock on wood :lol: )

Heres my settings:

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y116/oleman/SH4settings.jpg

And a lazy moon shot through the deck gun scope.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y116/oleman/Beautifulmoon.jpg

Frame rates run between 25 to 105 ( 105 fps mainly at sea when nothing else around )

Computer specs:

AMD Athlon XP 3200+
Samsung 2 GB DDR PC3200 Ram.
Seagate Baracuda 120 GB 8MB Cache Serial ATA Hard drive
Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS 7.1
BFG Geforce 7800 GS OC AGP 256MB
17" ( 16.1" viewable ) flat screen CRT monitor
And a little prayer. :yep:

irish1958
03-25-07, 08:50 PM
I think this is a memory problem, both RAM and video card memory. I don't know how to fix it without adding memory.