PDA

View Full Version : Refits - Torps + Fuel, but no Gun Ammo?

Schlageter-JG26
03-25-07, 02:50 PM
I noticed that when I pulled into Midway on return to Pearl to top off the bunker I came away with my replacement torpedo slots refilled (tubes themselves remained in their prior state of loaded or empty). I got my bunkers filled and all these shiny torps...

... but they couldn't give me more GUN AMMO? Yeah, they can spend a virtual day putting 20-foot tubes into the sub 1 inch at a time, but no one can run some shells and magazines across from the dock? Didn't seem to make sense to me. Likewise, the refit did not take any time in the game.

Don't get me wrong, gas and torps are GREAT. Esp with my main torpedo crew having the "Increase Torp Speed" quality! But the deck gun ammo is JUST as important to my survival.

Sgian Dubh
03-25-07, 03:39 PM
I noticed that when I pulled into Midway on return to Pearl to top off the bunker I came away with my replacement torpedo slots refilled (tubes themselves remained in their prior state of loaded or empty). I got my bunkers filled and all these shiny torps...

... but they couldn't give me more GUN AMMO? Yeah, they can spend a virtual day putting 20-foot tubes into the sub 1 inch at a time, but no one can run some shells and magazines across from the dock? Didn't seem to make sense to me. Likewise, the refit did not take any time in the game.

Don't get me wrong, gas and torps are GREAT. Esp with my main torpedo crew having the "Increase Torp Speed" quality! But the deck gun ammo is JUST as important to my survival.

Hear, Hear!!!!!

Helen Keller
03-25-07, 10:07 PM
And I'd gladly sell those torps for a few thousand extra rounds of 40mm for the seemingly automated 120 minute interval Japanese Aeroplane Jamboree, nothing like having a 3k mile commute to work being constantly interrupted.

JackChen
03-26-07, 01:18 AM
Yes, quite a bothersome thing to have the AA run out of rounds and they have like a whole squadron circling you like the vultures. I don't mind sacrificing 1 torp room for the extra AA rounds.

Maybe we have do it the hard way and move at periscope depth in the day and take a breather at last light to first light.

Helen Keller
03-26-07, 08:38 AM
Yeah, but then you have to use the realistic battery mod (you can find it here on the forums) cause the amount of time the devs gave you on batteries is like 1/10th what it was back during the war.

Schlageter-JG26
03-26-07, 10:09 AM
Sounds like a good mod! I'll have to dig that one up.

I just thought it was funny because someone else had mentioned when the game came out that when they stopped at a base (other than home) they only got fuel and no torps. At least I got the torps. :yep:

Maybe we need to put this one out to the mod section. :hmm:

Loaf
03-26-07, 11:33 AM
Just to be picky, the game should not call stopping for replenishment of fuel and ammo a "refit." A refit is when a ship goes into the dockyard for extensive repairs/upgrades...

MP
03-31-07, 11:46 AM
Same thing happening to me. I have just refit at Pearl, got half way back to Japan and noticed the quatermaster didint give me anymore AA ammo. Glad Im not the only one whos AA guns are now ornaments. I wonder if I can put my AA gunner in a life raft and send him home for some shore leave?

BTW i am using NVdrifters great deck gun tweaker so im fully loaded for my deck fun. Is there a way to mod my AA ammo via a saved game file?

Thx in advance.

Safe-Keeper
03-31-07, 11:54 AM
Germans forget wires (Das Boot;)), Americans forget torpedoes. I suppose Brits forget to re-fuel subs, then.