PDA

View Full Version : WTH is Bernard ?

drewsbu
03-25-07, 11:31 AM
I'm a newbie could someone give me details about this Benard guy? Was he a character in SH3 or something? He seems very popular could I get the story about him?

Drebbel
03-25-07, 11:35 AM
I'm a newbie could someone give me details about this Benard guy? Was he a character in SH3 or something? He seems very popular could I get the story about him?

Best place to ask and search would be the SHIII forum.

Dowly
03-25-07, 11:35 AM

In SH3 forums, there´s the humorous pics thread. Check the first post. Bernard was just a random name I used for the guy in the few first pics and it evolved to be someone to blame everytime something went wrong on your patrol in the Atlantic. ;)

Safe-Keeper
03-25-07, 11:41 AM
Bernard is part the idiot/scapegoat of Silent Hunter III players, part the SubSim mascot. Since he's exclusive to the German navy, the community invented a Dinsdale for the Royal Navy and a Parker for the USA. We still need a screw-up for the Imperial Japanese Navy.

Rilder
03-25-07, 12:39 PM
Bernard is part the idiot/scapegoat of Silent Hunter III players, part the SubSim mascot. Since he's exclusive to the German navy

Who said he was exclusive to the Germans....

http://img236.imageshack.us/img236/8845/bernardkg8.jpg