PDA

View Full Version : Some Questions re pilot rescue etc...

AntEater
03-25-07, 10:23 AM
I, commanding an S-42 was sent to Guadalcanal to rescue pilots. Finally after some days, a whole lot of blue stationary icons appeared (i play with map update on) but unfortunately the sea was empty when I got to their position! Did anyone sofar pull off a successful pilot rescue? Also regarding modding... Where are the "prices" for upgrades etc??

jeff lackey
03-25-07, 04:42 PM
Same question - I'm trying to do lifeguard duty, I go to the blue markers where the survivors are supposed to be, cross the marker over and over, but nothing happens and the ocean is empty. Have done this for blue marker after blue marker. How is this supposed to work?

Onkel Neal
03-27-07, 12:44 PM
The devs told me it works this way: You're supposed to find a little guy floating around or watch him float from the sky when the aircraft is shot down. Then you sail close to him, use binocs to point at him and press the button on taskbar with a lifesaving device icon. You have to look around and the crew will spot them. Survivors die with time, and there may be more than one pilot in the water where the icon indicates.

Bl@ckVoid
03-27-07, 05:44 PM
This is the most annoying mission so far. I spent two weeks trying to find those pilots. No luck. So next patrol i got the same lifeguard duty thing. :down:

Is there a way to edit the save game and make it a different mission? It kind of breaks the game for me as i don't want to waste 4 hours of my life for nothing trying to do a mission which is obviously bugged or not working as intended.

DaMaGe007
03-27-07, 05:48 PM
Just a thought, but I heard the survivors are listed as ships or somthing.
Perhaps you can press the , and . keys to cycle to them and then look for your sub.
Once you have found it stear it towards them.

I dont know if this will work.

JuicemanJ
03-29-07, 11:22 PM
Dive down and use sonar to track them down. Then surface when you get close and looke for a blue parachute to come up on the map. Now i have pick up alot of piliots but mission is still incomplete. i dunno?

U-Bones
04-13-07, 11:00 PM
Dive down and use sonar to track them down. Then surface when you get close and looke for a blue parachute to come up on the map. Now i have pick up alot of piliots but mission is still incomplete. i dunno?

FInding them is easy. I simply can not get the lifebouy icon to light in Binocular mode.
I even tried surfacing underneath them. - no dice. Any rage from 100 yd in I had pegged and targeted, but no icon. 3 hours of extremely frustrating - I cant even call gameplay. I ended up simply exiting to desktop. I should have tested stuff tonight. Not one rescue in about 30 attempts.

Jimbow
04-14-07, 05:01 AM
Originally Posted by U-Bones
FInding them is easy. I simply can not get the lifebouy icon to light in Binocular mode.
I even tried surfacing underneath them. - no dice. Any rage from 100 yd in I had pegged and targeted, but no icon. 3 hours of extremely frustrating - I cant even call gameplay. I ended up simply exiting to desktop. I should have tested stuff tonight. Not one rescue in about 30 attempts.
I had this problem to, then i noticed the parachute icon was red, i was trying to rescue a jap pilot.

Originally Posted by JuicemanJ
The number you have to rescue seems to be random each mission, it was 4 for the first mission and 7 the second time.

mauller0611
04-15-07, 01:11 PM
Is enemy rescue impossible? I highlighted him in the binocs, but the rescue icon would never be active...Thought there might be humanitarian rescue points available. No?