PDA

View Full Version : Flotilla.cfg

Beery
03-25-07, 07:36 AM
Don't know if anyone else has noticed this, but the flotilla.cfg file looks exactly the same as the SH3 flotilla.cfg file - it has German ports, German grid numbers and everything. It appears to have no US ports and no US flotillas (or whatever the Americans called them). So it's unlikely that it's used for SH4. Which begs the question: where the heck is the SH4 flotilla data?

rulle34
03-25-07, 08:22 AM
Hello Beery! Nice to see you again.:D
I noticed the same and I have also seen other things that is related to SH 3 in the sh 4 mapfolders.
Maybe UBI started some update to SH 3 in the SH 4 and then dropped the idea??? Or???
I dont want to speculate, but it looks very strange indeed

Killer-Carrot
03-25-07, 09:42 AM
Probably the file was just left over from SH3 and the game doesnt use it.
nearly every sequel has commands in cfg files that wont work anymore but they arent taken out either.

AntEater
I suppose these are simply junk files they forgot to delete. I'm not chiming into the usual chorus but SH4 looks like such a rush job they simply forgot to delete the old files they used as a work basis....

OmegaMan
Hi. The flotilla you are searching is in: data\UPCdata\UPCCampaignData
I hope help you.
Regards.

Hitman
03-25-07, 10:21 AM
Omegaman pointed you in the right direction :up: The UPC folders have most of the new things, the old SH3 stuff is left around probably in case the lack of a file could cause a CTD:dead:

Egan
03-25-07, 10:45 AM
Hullo Beery, I was wondering if you were going to show up. :D

I'm just beginning to look around the files just now for anything different or interesting. The other guys are right, though, the UPC folders seems to be where it's at.

Beery
03-25-07, 11:40 AM
Hi. The flotilla you are searching is in: data\UPCdata\UPCCampaignData
I hope help you.
Regards.

Thanks. Good to know. Hehe, now I'll have to start looking for books with info on bases, start dates etc.