PDA

View Full Version : Torps TOO LOW to hit DDs?

Schlageter-JG26
03-25-07, 12:50 AM
I fired a snap-shot on a DD on the other side of a merchant as the merchant was clearing out and I got him while diving to Periscope with a Mk23.

HOWEVER, once down to peeper level his two buddies came in after me. I maneuvered to stay under or crossing between various ships in the convoy for 10 minutes until I got a sweet shot on one DD as she rounded the far end of a Med Mod Comp freighter. I was cheering for joy because his other buddy had lost a prop to my first shot while inbound to the convoy and I thought this guy was about to go down, leaving me home free. The manual solution put the torp DEAD CENTER on this guy at 900yds traveling 45* across my path at 12+knts.:rock:

I was cut short as I went to the external view and watched the Mk23 sail under and past the hull. I use Contact settings since people were reporting problems with the Influence setting. Perhaps it is the Mk23 itself, or maybe a change since v1.1 patch, but I cannot set the torp depth higher to the surface or numerically lower than about 4m, which is too deep for the DDs.

Yet I hit them when I am at or nearer to the surface? Why can I not set the torps to ride at about 1-2m like before the patch when I was using Mk14s? :hmm:

This problem is DEADLY!! :nope: