PDA

View Full Version : Altering "stock" keymap -

klmmicro
03-24-07, 11:37 PM
Newbie question: How do I remap "Fire" from just enter to something like "CTRL+Enter"? I am firing fish unintentially...

:damn:

Gildor
03-25-07, 01:25 AM
Check the mod forum. There is a mod that changes the keys to SH3 style. It uses Cntrl-Enter for torp shooting.

This link: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=108015

Tigrone
03-25-07, 01:44 AM
Under ";WEAPONS OFFICER" in the Commands.cfg go down to [Cmd313] and change it to this:

[Cmd313]
Name=Fire_torpedo
Ctxt=1
Key0=0x0D,c,"Ctrl+Enter"

It's a simple text cut and past, and you can pretty much map any command to any key you like. Don't be bothered if you see legacy commands left over from Silent Hunter 3. They just reused the same Commands.cfg. Be sure to backup your original first.

I recommend CCIP's whole mod. You can go through and just use parts you like, if you want to. Ducimus has a nice mod to, which includes CCIP's.

The problem of accidentally firing your torps has been around for years. After about the dozenth time most people remap the fire key.

klmmicro
03-25-07, 10:14 PM
Thanks guys! That all did the trick and now I am not sending fish into the great beyond after nothing :)

Sgian Dubh
03-26-07, 09:14 AM
Under ";WEAPONS OFFICER" in the Commands.cfg go down to [Cmd313] and change it to this:

[Cmd313]
Name=Fire_torpedo
Ctxt=1
Key0=0x0D,c,"Ctrl+Enter"

It's a simple text cut and past, and you can pretty much map any command to any key you like. Don't be bothered if you see legacy commands left over from Silent Hunter 3. They just reused the same Commands.cfg. Be sure to backup your original first.

I recommend CCIP's whole mod. You can go through and just use parts you like, if you want to. Ducimus has a nice mod to, which includes CCIP's.

The problem of accidentally firing your torps has been around for years. After about the dozenth time most people remap the fire key.

And where would one find Ducimus' (or CCIP's) wonderful mod?

mookiemookie
03-26-07, 09:23 AM
The link is in the second post of this thread :88) :D