PDA

View Full Version : Spontaneos watch crew death!!

Seth8530
03-24-07, 08:24 PM
I am sick and tired of my watch crew all 3 shifts dieng at once for no apparent reason. they are not at battle stations or anything anyone know of any fixes:nope:

Captain Norman
03-24-07, 08:48 PM
I think fatigue is playin a part
But I had all my watch die too on my first patrol, I hated replacing them for the 2nd :damn:
Im on my way back to Midway after another successful patrol (my 2nd), and so far so good.
It could be planes strafing your boat as well.

Rilder
03-24-07, 09:01 PM
I had this all the way home from my second patrol in the game... I took a shelling from a merhcant and a good number of my wtach crew would die and my flak gun would be damaged. And there would be no planes about.

Also on a simular note, when ever I'd take damage, notably from a bomb, and even if it did no real major damage the whole rest of the patrol my flak gun would periodicly break down even though its not being used....

darrenl
03-24-07, 09:27 PM
Seth...watch your CO2 levels. I had a similar problem. You need to surface the ship before CO2 poisoning kills the crew.

AVGWarhawk
03-24-07, 10:21 PM
I have not had a single crewman die for no apparent reason. Very strange thing you have there:hmm:

novafluxx
03-24-07, 11:30 PM
I had this all the way home from my second patrol in the game... I took a shelling from a merhcant and a good number of my wtach crew would die and my flak gun would be damaged. And there would be no planes about.

Also on a simular note, when ever I'd take damage, notably from a bomb, and even if it did no real major damage the whole rest of the patrol my flak gun would periodicly break down even though its not being used....

This is EXACTLY what happend to me. No planes spotted or anything, I'd randomly get a crewmember down, and the flak gun damaged message.

Burnspot
03-24-07, 11:33 PM
Seth...watch your CO2 levels. I had a similar problem. You need to surface the ship before CO2 poisoning kills the crew.

IIRC, the CO2 meter doesn't work at the moment. At least I've never seen it change despite being submerged for very long periods.

Mechman
03-25-07, 12:25 AM

This is EXACTLY what happend to me. No planes spotted or anything, I'd randomly get a crewmember down, and the flak gun damaged message.

Same thing here, but I'd also get a radar damaged message. Lost all my deck crews in two patrols so far.

Rykaird
03-25-07, 12:58 AM

IIRC, the CO2 meter doesn't work at the moment. At least I've never seen it change despite being submerged for very long periods.

Mine definitely works. But the battery is by far the limiting factor. Unless you were sitting on the bottom for days it couldn't be CO2 - there be a lot of air in these American boats.

CCIP
03-25-07, 01:01 AM
What was the weather like at the time?

Back during development, I remember someone hinting that it might be possible to lose a watch crew in stormy seas :hmm:

oblivionenigma
03-25-07, 01:36 AM
I have a same or at least similar problem. I posted in another thread, but I might as well mention this...

My watch got minor injuries and my radar got damaged... We're talking like health of 95/100 injuries. I'm guessing that's the equivalent of some cuts and scratches. :P
Anyway, they all died after a few hours. So I reloaded to where they'd just been injured, and swapped out the injured crew for healthy ones (wherever I could find them... swapped people out of torpedo rooms, command, whatever it took). The injured crew healed up. But the new, healthy watch crew all lost their health and died.

Also, the radar was constantly cycling between getting fixed and getting damaged... no apparent cause.

For the record, I was surfaced, so no CO2 issues. And there were no planes attacking or anything. And I can't say it's because of a storm because why the heck would all watch crews spontaneously get injured and slowly die off?
Oh yeah, and no battle stations. I haven't even called that command yet. So it wasn't fatigue. It was just health.

partyboy
03-25-07, 02:06 AM
Yes, exact same problems. Crew with minor wounds eventually die, healthy crew moved to damage compartments become wounded (and eventually die), continual reports of equipment being damaged/repaired even with no combat, etc. I hope the devs are aware of these issues.

Shakermaker
03-25-07, 06:18 AM
I have had the same thing. In my case, I think it had something to do with keeping time compression on for too long. I made the trip from Brisbane to the Solomons without ever dropping out of TC. I have found my crew stays the healthiest when I drop out of TC every six hours.

SharpShin
03-25-07, 07:41 AM
This happened to me once and I think I know why. I was using TC but I was in the crew management screen and I didn't get a report of aircraft spotted but my radar was damaged and my crew on deck had like 1/100 health.

It wasn't for no reason, I just didn't get notification of an attack.

Now I stay under in the daytime if I'm spotted because those planes are relentless.

JackChen
03-25-07, 07:55 AM
My best guess from what I have read is possibly everyone had Time compression on?

Enemy Planes came strafed and what else. Anything can happen.

Crew Management needs to be more intelligent.

Sgian Dubh
03-25-07, 08:07 AM
If you want o eliminate enemy action, just set up a test and run circles around Pear at max TC and see what happens.

There shouldn't be any aircraft attacks, etc. there.

oblivionenigma
03-25-07, 02:58 PM
I'm 99% certain that it wasn't aircraft attacks... unless it's a TC bug. There are no notifications of an attack and if I'm getting hit, TC is supposed to stop. If I use an external view, there don't appear to be any aircraft around. *shrug* I donno. I just had to restart my campaign because pretty much all my crew died in this manner :(