PDA

View Full Version : GWX + SHIV = Grey Ninjas?

Razman23
03-24-07, 01:15 PM
So when is our highly prized and appriciated Mod Squad going to release a super mod for SHIV? :hmm: :up:

Pablo
03-24-07, 01:22 PM
So when is our highly prized and appriciated Mod Squad going to release a super mod for SHIV? :hmm: :up: Hi!

I would guess that it will be some time after the following things have happened:
the final SH4 patch is released
the modding community has had time to create modding tools that will allow rapid and facile modification of SH4 game files
there are lots of modifications out there that can be combined into a "super mod" compatible with the final SH4 patch.It took almost two years between the initial release of SH3 and even the latest GWX iteration, so your best bet may be to find bugs, report bugs, and try your hand at modifying things in SH4 that you think you can do better!

Pablo

Sailor Steve
03-24-07, 04:50 PM
Since GWX came out 22 months after the release of SH3, I wouldn't be too demanding yet.

Dowly
03-24-07, 04:57 PM
Since GWX came out 22 months after the release of SH3, I wouldn't be too demanding yet.

True, but that includes the time it took to learn how SH3 files work and how to mod them. SH4 files are pretty much identical to those on SH3, so you can propably cut 6-10 months out of that. ;)

But then again, who said the GWX team is interested in SHIV? Time will tell. :yep:

Razman23
03-24-07, 07:39 PM
Well, considering how great a job they did on the U-boats, I figure that they might want to do another one for the Rising Sun.

Not complaining, just enjoy GWX too much.

Madox58
03-24-07, 07:46 PM
Still alot to figure out!!
Someone needs to blow a hole in one of the imported SH3
ships to see if survivors appear or do we need to edit sim file or
such?

Damaged objects need created and inserted to see if we can
add this to imported ships also.

then there is the new texture format, what needs done to adopt this?

Not to mention fix the blurryness!!!

Hartmann
03-24-07, 09:06 PM
Two years or more

but i can imagine a big mod with all wwII submarine war atlantic or pacific version.

also hardware requeriment could be a lot less than now compared with now, so an upgraded campaign with a lot of traffic could be possible

JScones
03-24-07, 09:53 PM
I don't think it will take too long at all. Modders are already throwing stuff out the door, with some being combined into packages already (ie Ducimus's "flavored to taste").

Won't take the die hard modders long to fully suss out the file structures. Heck, I've had the game installed for less than 10 hours and I think it's an old friend (granted one still in a bit of poor health).

THE_MASK
03-24-07, 10:09 PM
Well the pacific is mainly blue so how about the Blue ________ ?

Gildor
03-24-07, 10:11 PM
Dolphins of course

Tigrone
03-24-07, 10:40 PM
SH4 is still a baby learning to walk. Gotta be able to walk steadly before we run. There's a lot of debugging to do first.

Madox58
03-24-07, 10:48 PM
We need a few more hard core hex guys in here.
editing sims, vals, and such is needed no doubt.
But the meat is in the new skin area, how and why do survivors appear,
parachutes from down planes, and on and on.

Everyone seems to be on a "release a qiuck mod" deal.

I did the 2 Warships as favors to well deserved persons.
But I'm after the REAL HARD WORK!!

Where are the people to tackle this?