View Full Version : [REL] SPAX's RUN SILENT RUN DEEP SH4 SOUND MOD

Spaxspore
03-23-07, 11:57 PM
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b66/Spaxspore/runslent2_walcopyre.jpg

A SH4 Sound Mod by Spaxspore

Installation w/ JSGME:

I highly recommend you use the JSGME mod tool, because that is what this mod
is intended to be used with. Place the JSGME.exe inside

:\ProgramFiles\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter Wolves of the Pacific.

Make a folder called mods, unrar my sound mod into the mods folder, running JSGME, and activeates the mod. Run Sh4.exe

All DONE, have FUN!

Installation w/o JSGME:

Extract the data folder to your \Program Files\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter Wolves of the Pacific – BACK UP YOUR SOUNDS FIRST, extract and say yes to all if asked to copy over/replace.
Run SH4.exe, have fun and enjoy.

Sounds Replaced

Crash dive
Surface
Emergency Surface
Periscope depth
Fire tubes 1-6 (sorry no rears)
Radar Contacts
Multiple Contacts
Incoming Aircraft/Aircraft Sighted
Battle Stations
Secure From Battle Stations
Torpedo in the water (running hot straight and normal)

Amount of time it took-

3-4hrs

Testing:
SH4 Retail ver 1.1
30min

Credits:

Sound cutting/fading/redesign-
Spaxspore

Please leave questions and comments/suggestions @ subsim.com @ sh4 mod
workshop

DOWNLOAD LINK:
http://files.filefront.com/RuSilentRuDeepSh4MODSPAXrar/;7013191;/fileinfo.html

Battle Stations FIX & Arragooo FIX
Readme-

This will fix, the battle stations sounds not working, and double arrrgahoooo during crash dive...
Please rember this is a work in process... Thank you..

INSTALL-

w/JSGME
Place the sound files in
:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter Wolves of the Pacific\MODS\Run Silent Run Deep Sound MOD.SPAX\Data\Sound
say yes to overright

W/o JSGME
Place sound files in DONT FORGET TO BACKUP if needed
:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter Wolves of the Pacific\Data\Sound

DOWNLOAD FIX LINK
http://files.filefront.com/BattlestationCrashD_SOUNDxrar/;7016551;/fileinfo.html

Thanks ALL

SPAXSPORE

Spaxspore
03-23-07, 11:58 PM
Btw Please Comment!!!

Crosseye76
03-24-07, 01:47 AM
I like this ! RSRD is one of the classic Pacific sub movies and this really does it justice. Good work !

It installs with JSGME on the Ver. 1.1 game with no problems, and runs great.

2 comments;

1. I don't hear the "Man Battle Stations" sound anymore. No gong, no voice. Same for secure from battle stations.

2. On the 'Crash dive" sound, you hear the voice and dive horn, then you also hear the SH4 horn, so you get 4 Aoooooogahs now when you crash dive.

Spaxspore
03-24-07, 08:39 AM
I like this ! RSRD is one of the classic Pacific sub movies and this really does it justice. Good work !

It installs with JSGME on the Ver. 1.1 game with no problems, and runs great.

2 comments;

1. I don't hear the "Man Battle Stations" sound anymore. No gong, no voice. Same for secure from battle stations.

2. On the 'Crash dive" sound, you hear the voice and dive horn, then you also hear the SH4 horn, so you get 4 Aoooooogahs now when you crash dive.
battle stations were working, now they are not... dont know why... am tryin to figure that one out. As for the crash dive it works fine for me... i put a blank .wav file where the game uses the sound effect and then the speech file that has the aoooogah takes over...

EDIT-

FIX FOR BOTH POSTED IN FIRST POST

Flybywire
03-24-07, 11:43 AM
I have your mod plus the update. I am submerged and ordered periscope depth. Instead of that command I get a "Dive...Dive" call from Clark Gabel. He is confused I guess since Iwe are already submerged...this ogg file is backwards.

There is a part of the movie when they are submerged and call for periscope depth so it would be avaiable for this mod.

Spaxspore
03-24-07, 11:45 AM
I have your mod plus the update. I am submerged and ordered periscope depth. Instead of that command I get a "Dive...Dive" call from Clark Gabel. He is confused I guess since Iwe are already submerged...this ogg file is backwards.

Ignore that, the only perscope depth reference i could find, was him order to go to perscipe depth from the bridge, its meant to be used on surface....

Flybywire
03-24-07, 11:52 AM
I can find it in the movie for you and give you the location in the movie if you like? My movie is DVD so the location would be easy to find for you if I give you the time location.

Spaxspore
03-24-07, 12:16 PM
I can find it in the movie for you and give you the location in the movie if you like? My movie is DVD so the location would be easy to find for you if I give you the time location.

Sure, if u know where it is.. more power to ya, Just give me a time code and ill go from there:)

Flybywire
03-24-07, 12:19 PM
Roger that...will take a look right now bro.

Blitz U-57
03-24-07, 02:24 PM
Congratulation. The best sound mod :up:. But when i submerged and press "E" (emergency blow) i get a CTD. Itīs mistake me or mod bug?

Thanks

FAdmiral
03-24-07, 02:31 PM
Out of the 6 sound files in the DL, I only hear half of them.
The other 3 are silent (no sound) I tested this before
I installed them. Probably if the game runs a blank or soundless
file, it may cause a CTD. Always good to test sound file to
see if they work before you install them into the game sound folder.

JIM

Flybywire
03-24-07, 03:09 PM
Here are my findings,

When on the surface and dive to scope depth...use 16:22-16:53 (this is a good one so you don't have those bombs exploding as with the current one.

Two alternatives that could also be used are found at 25:50-26:30 and 1:21:30-1:21:45.

I know you already have a Crash Dive from the surface and I think this may be the one you used found at...1:31:03-1:31:25.

Another interesting Crash Dive was use when "below" the surface found at 1:23:20-1:23:25.

All hands to General Quarters can be found at 21:22-22:10.

Rig for Silent running can be found at 1:24-30-1:24:40.

Silent Running "All Stop" found at 1:26:00.

Emergency Surface found at 26:45-27:20.

Standard Surface order from scope depth 1:16:40-1:16:48 or 1:27:50-1:28:00.

Kruger
03-24-07, 03:31 PM
Great find mate. I"ll pop in the movie too....you made me droll.

Spaxspore
03-24-07, 05:33 PM
some are suppose to be slient, because if not your will get double the sound of the same thing IE- Crash dive, 4x arragoos ... if someone who has more experiance with makin sound mods, you have my prometion to make this better for the rest of us. Ive tested all the sounds in game and the work for me, but some times i do get some unexplained CTD's.

Bear
08-13-07, 02:00 PM
I really like your mod for the most part, with the exceptions pointed by Flybywire. I had no problems with CTDs. I hope you can tweak it up a little bit I would really like to use it more. How do you rip the sound bits off of the movie into your computer?

CaptainCox
08-13-07, 02:19 PM
DAM! I had this movie on my HD some months back (gone now). Never thought of recording the sounds :p
I would use "Audacity" to record and convert. Its free and its just a great little sound app
http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

Bear
08-14-07, 08:15 AM
I have the DVD and Audacity, Studio Seven and several other programs I have used in the past to work on sounds from MOH, CFS2 and COD but I was thinking of maybe a Hero's Command Mod with some other sounds from Submarine films I have. The dumb part is that I have either forgotten or never knew how to rip the sounds from the movies. :oops:

CaptainCox
08-14-07, 08:48 AM
In Audaicty simply set it up to whatever sound card you have. And hit that big red dot record button ;)
Simply go to Edit/Preferences/Recording (Device) And try it out.

Bear
08-15-07, 03:30 PM
:up: O'ya now I remember. "BIG RED BUTTON". Thanks CC. :up:
I had long senior moment, maybe.:oops:

Spent the day with "Operation Pacific", "Destination Tokyo" and "Run Silent, Run Deep". Have to wait another day for "Torpedo Run" or "We Dive At Dawn". I got some good sounds. Now just to put them all together. Hum, now where did I leave that axe???

Nissum
09-09-07, 02:04 PM
Hello

I am trying to use the ogg files in Data/sound/speech 1-9. Everytime i put the ogg files other than the original in, my game CTD. I have tried your "Run deep run silent" oggs, same result. Have you got a clue why ? No problem with the waw files. I can see you have tested it with vs. 1,1. Can the problem be that i am running vs. 1,3 ?:hmm:

Nissum