PDA

View Full Version : [TEC] File structure

waste gate
03-21-07, 08:44 PM
For those of you lucky enough to have the game, I have a question.

Is the file structure of where command file and basic layout the same as SH3?
For instance, if I wanted to increase renown per hit or mission objective, or change the placement of sidebar menus can this be accomplished in the same manner as SH3?

CCIP
03-21-07, 08:51 PM
In a word, yes! :p

waste gate
03-21-07, 09:03 PM
In a word, yes! :p

Very cool!!!
Thanx CCIP

CCIP
03-21-07, 09:12 PM
Actually, I'm surprised how much content stayed from SHIII - there's some files that seem to be left over from SHIII assets, just dig around the menu graphics for example and you'll find traces of the old interface that never show up...

There are some notable new additions and some changes; the campaign system, while keeping the same .mis format, is totally revised and split into a lot of different files; textures are DDS instead of TGA; some totally new subfolders have been added like "Shaders"

But otherwise if you knew SHIII's data, you should feel pretty much at home here...

Oh, and as for the config folder and files specifically - exactly the same! I've already done tweaks there as you might have noticed :)

waste gate
03-21-07, 09:38 PM
Actually, I'm surprised how much content stayed from SHIII - there's some files that seem to be left over from SHIII assets, just dig around the menu graphics for example and you'll find traces of the old interface that never show up...

There are some notable new additions and some changes; the campaign system, while keeping the same .mis format, is totally revised and split into a lot of different files; textures are DDS instead of TGA; some totally new subfolders have been added like "Shaders"

But otherwise if you knew SHIII's data, you should feel pretty much at home here...

Oh, and as for the config folder and files specifically - exactly the same! I've already done tweaks there as you might have noticed :)

Do you think we can bring the survivors in life rafts over to SH3?

CCIP
03-21-07, 09:48 PM
This I sort of doubt since it may be hard coded.

The problem is not the rafts - rafts are just regular surface units, the problem is the mechanism that 'spawns' them when a ship sinks (they appear next to the ship after you get the "Ship Sunk" message). I think this is not in the data but the exe.