PDA

View Full Version : changing snorkel depth values?

major_upset
03-10-07, 08:17 AM
Using the Akula I inproved and DWedit. I'm now at the helm of a Typhoon sub, however she still uses the Akulas snorkel depth setting i.e. 18/19 meters for ventlation, where as for the Typhoon. It needs to be at 35 meters at least, in order for the sail/Coning tower to remain beneath the surface.

So when I order snorkel depth, my boat just surfaces. :huh: kind of "not" the thing you need then surrounded by destroyers. :doh:

Is the setting somewhere I can edit in DWedit, in one of the Doctrine files, or is it hard coded in a DLL?

How do I do it? (If I can.)

Cheers in advance

sonar732
03-10-07, 08:50 AM
You've created a new playable and complaining about not being able to snorkle? Well, since this is against the EULA, I doubt you'll get help on this one unless it's in the form of a private message or email...not from me as I'm not into the database hackin'.

major_upset
03-10-07, 09:46 AM
You've created a new playable and complaining about not being able to snorkle? Well, since this is against the EULA, I doubt you'll get help on this one unless it's in the form of a private message or email...not from me as I'm not into the database hackin'.

If my modding is against the EULA, then so is the LWAMI mod! in fact every mod that's been made for this game!

I'm not complaining, I'm asking for help with something I'm stuck with!

I know the "EULA" frowns on modding the game. but that's mostly the .DLL's, the bit I'm "hacking" as you call it! is the object.eod with DWedit, a app that no doubt millions of others use.

I'm not buggering about with the object.eod file to R0XX000r! your's or anyone else's PC/MAC... whatever the hell your install runs on! I'm modding the game to command the Typhoon, my favourite sub. For my enjoyment! If I can tweek the depth settings ace!... If not... I'll just put up and shut up!

I'm sorry if I "offended" you. But I've posted in the right forum, was polite with my question, (In decerible English!) while asking a question that's no doubt as easy as blinking to someone on this site.

And as for you not being in to "the database hacking"... I kind of worked that out for my self!

Molon Labe
03-10-07, 10:52 AM
If my modding is against the EULA, then so is the LWAMI mod! in fact every mod that's been made for this game!

I'm not complaining, I'm asking for help with something I'm stuck with!

I know the "EULA" frowns on modding the game. but that's mostly the .DLL's, the bit I'm "hacking" as you call it! is the object.eod with DWedit, a app that no doubt millions of others use.

I'm not buggering about with the object.eod file to R0XX000r! your's or anyone else's PC/MAC... whatever the hell your install runs on! I'm modding the game to command the Typhoon, my favourite sub. For my enjoyment! If I can tweek the depth settings ace!... If not... I'll just put up and shut up!

I'm sorry if I "offended" you. But I've posted in the right forum, was polite with my question, (In decerible English!) while asking a question that's no doubt as easy as blinking to someone on this site.

And as for you not being in to "the database hacking"... I kind of worked that out for my self!

It's not about whether or not you've offended anyone. Sonar's point is that not many people are going to want to help you continue to do something illegal. You might also want to consider the fact that you're using Neal's board to aid your illegal activity and that might expose him to a lawsuit. Don't be surprised if a moderator or an admin has a friendly little chat with you--or with anyone else who does decide to help you with your PCU/PCM.

And next time, before you go flame one of the board members, you might want to inform yourself of the issues. SCS supports the modding of DW's database, doctrine, and models; your statement that the LW/Ami mod, "every mod...," etc., violate the EULA is patently false. The FAQ and search function are there for a reason.

major_upset
03-10-07, 11:20 AM
I was modding DW's database. Not the stuff that's off limits all I asked basicly was if the values for snorkel depth where in the database, and if I could deal with it via DW edit. more likey hard coded and out of bounds.

But OK... Fine I'll save everyone all the trouble and forget it! consider this topic closed!

"Thanks for your help"

LuftWolf
03-10-07, 01:33 PM
Make sure you set the correct object parameters for the model you are using, specifically the draft and height.

Good luck with your Typhoon. DON'T redistribute your files and it's fine.

Cheers,
David

PS NOW the topic is closed... not because the man did anything wrong, but because I don't want to rehash this debate here.