PDA

View Full Version : And after the consolidated LWAMI ??

tonibamestre
03-08-07, 06:40 AM
Hi there,
Ive been hearing somewhere that when LWAMI works finish and we have a definitive one,working on modding will take place.
Im wondering now in what aspects will that focuse,better units graphics like on SCX? a better detailed and texturized land? new naval units?
I wonder if a carrier mod could be developed,implementing detailed and controllable Nimitz class,Kitty Hawk,overhauled Forrestal,Invincible,Charles de Gaulle,Kurtnezot,........and more.
Anyway,Im sure that DW and its modding will bring us a brilliant future,we have around very good and dedicated engineers.

Thanks to ALL and very good job.

LuftWolf
03-08-07, 11:24 AM
Well, basically the goal is to end one project, the fixing of DW, and then begin another project, the expansion of DW and the addition of some unique capabilities.

With LWAMI 3.08, hopefully the last of what we would call "fixes" are out. :)

Cheers,
David

Molon Labe
03-08-07, 12:23 PM
I always thought that the 2nd project you describe would be called DW Flight II...but you've already used that name for the current project all of a sudden...:doh:

LuftWolf
03-08-07, 12:26 PM
The graphics department decided it was time to go with it now. :)

Cheers,
David

tonibamestre
03-08-07, 01:54 PM
Concerning graphical work here is an interesting link showing us lots of all time ship pictures. Hope it can help.

http://www.navsource.org/

Cheers.

tonibamestre
03-09-07, 09:26 AM
If I understand well,more detailed accurate repaints are going to be modelled for DW units.So I think some work is needed with the carriers,because theres not much difference between US carriers classes.If the polygons allows it,would be nice to make note detailed aspects,lets say from a Kitty Hawk to a Nimitz, hull design,flight deck shape,some kind detailed islands for each.....

That would bring the game into more realism.