PDA

View Full Version : Help Modding Seawolf Sensors

loynokid
02-27-07, 08:05 PM
I am currently working on modding the Seawolf Sonars for realism, but if I change them in any way, autocrew will not report any contacts except for torpedos. I am looking for remedies to this. Anybody have a suggestion? (I am using DWedit from subguru downloads page)

LuftWolf
02-27-07, 10:23 PM
I've not had this problem... LWAMI makes many changes to the sonars and the AC still works fine.

What changes are you trying to make specifically?

Cheers,
David

loynokid
02-28-07, 04:57 PM
I've not had this problem... LWAMI makes many changes to the sonars and the AC still works fine.

What changes are you trying to make specifically?

Cheers,
David

max speed mostly, and mirror contacts for the towed array, because in a real sub, the sonar guys and the filtering software should be able to sort out the real contact. What happens is when i am testing, there is a big bright sonar contact on the waterfall display (seawolf, towed array) and i try to mark it, and nothing happens, the AC won't mark it either. so i kick it up to flank to let the other boat know im there (he is enemy) and he fires torps on me, and the AC shout "torpedo in the water, bearing 223!" so they detect torps but not subs. One of my other thoughts is that somhow my changes are making the sonar more realistic visually, but in the game it is still the same. I am fairly new to modding by the way, so there might be something i am forgetting. Hope you can help me on this problem.

Happy Hunting!

sonar732
02-28-07, 05:19 PM
What is the SNR?

loynokid
03-02-07, 11:11 AM
What is the SNR?

Actually i figured it out... I accidentally clicked reports altidtude on the towed array and it went sorta wacko... thanks anyway though :oops:

LuftWolf
03-02-07, 01:14 PM
Glad to hear you got it figured out. :up:

Cheers,
David