PDA

View Full Version : Falcon 4.0 question [wheel lock/taxiing]

Safe-Keeper
02-24-07, 05:33 PM
OK, so I'm getting better by the minute at landing my F-16 without totalling it, which should come in handy in the future. But I've got one problem. The manual tells me that to turn while taxiing, I need to hit Shift+/ on my keyboard. But my keyboard is not American/British, and I can't find the key on the Norwegian keyboard layout for disabling the wheel lock.

So I'm for the moment left with manually hitting the right button or turning the right switch in the cockpit. Fair enough, except... I haven't found that either:-?. So... where in the cockpit is the switch that disables the wheel lock, so that I can turn the plane on the ground while taxiing?

CCIP
02-24-07, 05:49 PM
You can reconfigure it to another key combo you know. Just go to the controls settings and get it changed there!

Corsair
02-25-07, 07:02 AM
I had a look at the norwegian keyboard layout coming in the docs with F4 AF...
The Nose Wheel Steering is Shift - (the last key on the right of the lower row, just before the right Shift key.)
According to my check lists, it needs to be disabled on takeoff when speed > 60 Knots and reenabled on landing when < 60 knots.

Safe-Keeper
02-25-07, 03:10 PM
Thanks a whole lot, Corsair! And you too, of course, CCIP;).

SUBMAN1
02-27-07, 11:22 AM
Simple solution to the problem:

http://img.clubic.com/photo/00030000.jpg

Top right button that you can press with your index finger does the same thing.

-S

ASWnut101
02-27-07, 04:28 PM
One problem with that Subman, it's these > $$$$:yep:

P.S. Anyone know what happened to their forums?