PDA

View Full Version : @ Neal - German Language Section?

Boris
02-19-07, 08:36 AM
Hey Neal/Mods,

Since there are Polish, Japanese and Spanish sections, why isn't there a German language section?
I get the impression that the German sub community is probably the second largest, especially in the Silent Hunter area. A surprising number of germans aren't confident enough with their english to come here, and thus a divide has been created. As a result it is very difficult to keep track of all the mods and news from the separate communities.
If there was a German language section it could serve to bridge the community gap.

TteFAboB
02-19-07, 05:24 PM
Hey Neal/Mods,

Since there are Polish, Japanese and Spanish sections, why isn't there a German language section?
I get the impression that the German sub community is probably the second largest, especially in the Silent Hunter area. A surprising number of germans aren't confident enough with their english to come here, and thus a divide has been created. As a result it is very difficult to keep track of all the mods and news from the separate communities.
If there was a German language section it could serve to bridge the community gap.

Start by yourself, add some Z's to that post:

Hey Neil/Mods,

Since zer'a Polish, Zapanese unt Spanish sections, vy izn't zere a German language section?
zI get ze impressionen zat ze German sub community iz probably ze second largest, ezpecially in ze Silent Hunter area. Azürprising number zof germans aren't confident zenough vith zeir english to come hier, and thusz za divide haz been created. Az'a rezült zit iz very difficult to keep track zof all ze mods ant news fhröm ze separate communities.
If there vaz a Zerman language section zit could zerve to bridge ze community gap.

:doh: :88)

Boris
02-19-07, 05:50 PM
Haha, very funny :roll: :D

hyperion2206
02-25-07, 08:06 AM
Hey Neal/Mods,

I'll second that. It would be nice to have a German section to discuss matters if one can't express himself in english.

GlobalExplorer
02-25-07, 10:11 AM
TteFAboB: Hear up with zat schnell! Zat iz mäking me verry ängry!

very funny indeed :up:

Yes there should be a german language section. Though a lot of german skippers are frequent vistors on subsim.com, most are not, and hanging out in some boring hideouts somewhere, sticking with their own mods - some of them seem not even to be bad. I also noted that the German community is not only huge, there seems to be the same level of comradry as prevails on the subsim forums. Sailor thing. Never had a problem there.

Subsim.com is a phenomenon that I would like every one of them to share.

GE

Onkel Neal
02-25-07, 10:20 AM
Hey Neal/Mods,

Hi Boris, you are probably right, the Germans do make up a large percentage of the subsim readership. A few years ago we did have a German language forum in Wolfpack League, but after a year or so, they started their own forum and stopped posting in the English or German WPL forums. I can set up a German language forum again, if you think it will be used. I definitely like having Germans involved in the community.

Neal

hyperion2206
02-26-07, 06:19 AM
Hey Neal/Mods,

Hi Boris, you are probably right, the Germans do make up a large percentage of the subsim readership. A few years ago we did have a German language forum in Wolfpack League, but after a year or so, they started their own forum and stopped posting in the English or German WPL forums. I can set up a German language forum again, if you think it will be used. I definitely like having Germans involved in the community.

Neal

I think it would be neat to have a German forum, although I've to admit that the best feature of subsim is the chance to talk to people all over the world.:up:
However I'm pretty sure that such a forum would be used.:yep:

Boris
02-26-07, 08:12 AM
Thanks Neal, I'm sure such a forum would get some use. There's enough German regulars here to already fill it, and to have it integrated here in the subsim forums, might serve as the link needed between communities.

Schattenkrieger
03-06-07, 08:32 PM
A German Section would be indeed nice. It would surely bring some new members to this great community, who aren't fit in writing or reading english.