PDA

View Full Version : Flightsimmer, show us your Joystick

HunterICX
02-02-07, 04:27 AM
Hello Pilots,

show us your Joystick.

I have a Logitech Force 3D pro.
its a very nice joystick with Force feedback thats a realy nice feature.
the buttons are easy accesable , especialy the buttons on the stick itself, a thumb is what you need to reach them all.

picture:
http://img.ferra.ru/pubimages/82358.jpg

it has a USB cable
and a power plug to run the Force feedback engine.

Dowly
02-02-07, 06:23 AM
Same here but, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro. The same thing, just with out the force feedback.

TteFAboB
02-02-07, 11:24 AM
http://img.clubic.com/photo/00027516.jpg

Replaced the last one (MSSFF1) when it lost sensitivity. Will replace this one when it does.

FIREWALL
02-02-07, 03:04 PM
Saitek X52 and just bought their rudder pedals last nite. Didn't know they were available. Been sub simming and got away from flying.

Btw a little OT but I also got the Logitech G25 wheel set "ouch" will be hideing this in the closet for awhile just couldn't resist. If my wife see's it she'll have me commited. :p And I don't even have any raceing sims. :doh:

Lzs von swe
02-02-07, 03:21 PM
I have a MS Sidewinder FF 2 Joystick and for racing a MS Sidewinder FF Wheel.
Same software for both and never any problems:up:

CCIP
02-02-07, 03:54 PM
I used to go through joystick like... socks. The average joystick lasted 6 months of active use with me (maybe because most of them were crap); I gave up on a bunch of makers including Logitech.

I stopped on Saitek. Saitek is great! I have two working Saiteks right now; both are very durable, largely thanks to that great little steel spring they have (squeaky as heck, but in fact I sort of like that effect).

My Saitek Cyborg Evo

http://img129.imageshack.us/img129/6871/cyborgevo2vc2.jpg

Eventually I hope to get a HOTAS cougar, but it's been out of my immediate financial reach for most of the time (plus higher on my list as far as sim peripherals is a TrackIR - maybe for my birthday...)

FIREWALL
02-02-07, 04:00 PM
I used to go through joystick like... socks. The average joystick lasted 6 months of active use with me (maybe because most of them were crap); I gave up on a bunch of makers including Logitech.

I stopped on Saitek. Saitek is great! I have two working Saiteks right now; both are very durable, largely thanks to that great little steel spring they have (squeaky as heck, but in fact I sort of like that effect).

My Saitek Cyborg Evo

http://img129.imageshack.us/img129/6871/cyborgevo2vc2.jpg

Eventually I hope to get a HOTAS cougar, but it's been out of my immediate financial reach for most of the time (plus higher on my list as far as sim peripherals is a TrackIR - maybe for my birthday...)

Do the saitek rudder pedals work with it.?

CCIP
02-02-07, 05:20 PM
Not sure; I don't have rudders. It does have a twist function which works just fine for rudder though.

FIREWALL
02-02-07, 05:35 PM
Not sure; I don't have rudders. It does have a twist function which works just fine for rudder though.

When Igot the x52 back just about when sh3 came out no rudder pedals were availble. Saitek inds. is about a mile away from me and back then their support said there were no plans for pedals because of twisty.
But there was an extra port on the throttle. Saw the Saitek rudders and bought them last nite $149.99. Haven't tried them yet , Will let you know how they work with a pm if you like and they can work for you. I know their kinda pricey considering x52 was only $130.00 when it first came out. Go figure. :doh:

danlisa
02-03-07, 09:50 AM
Same here but, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro. The same thing, just with out the force feedback.

Same here too, as of this morning, but mine is wireless. It has a 6m range, so I can relax on the sofa and still shoot Hunter & Dowly down.

I tell you, it is soooo much easier taking off & landing with one of these.:D

p.s. I hope I look good in the movie.;) :rotfl:

fredbass
02-03-07, 10:13 AM
I just read some reviews which stated that the rudder pedals are useless. FYI

Dowly
02-03-07, 11:13 AM
@Danlisa

I dont like wireless controllers, I dont trust them to register all the moves I make. ;)

I´m just going over all the tracks I recorded, too bad it doesnt register the voices from TS. :D

@Fredbass:

It really is about personal taste. On a MS flight sim with big jets, they are nice, but in IL2 with a fast and agile fighter they feel abit dull. I prefer the twist handle on my joystick.

danlisa
02-03-07, 11:20 AM
@Danlisa

I dont like wireless controllers, I dont trust them to register all the moves I make. ;)

I´m just going over all the tracks I recorded, too bad it doesnt register the voices from TS. :D

I've been testing it all day.:D So far I can't fault it, very responsive.:yep:

If you had recorded voices from TS you would have to spend all day censoring it because Hunter can get a little lively when he can't take off.:rotfl:

Dowly
02-03-07, 11:32 AM
@Danlisa

I've been testing it all day.:D So far I can't fault it, very responsive.:yep:

If you had recorded voices from TS you would have to spend all day censoring it because Hunter can get a little lively when he can't take off.:rotfl:

Lmao, I wouldnt care about Hunter, but the whole track would be full of *beeeeeeeeeeeep* because of Wilhelm. :rotfl:

I´ll make a MP topic here, so let´s take the MP talk over there. ;)

Seeadler
02-03-07, 03:56 PM
since two years
http://www.wargamer.com/reviews/cougar_joystick/tmcougarstick01_sm.jpg
...pedals comes next

fredbass
02-24-07, 09:49 AM
Well gang, I'm going to get a new Joystick soon.

Any thoughts on the Saitek Cyborg Evo Force? Anybody have it?

Boris
02-24-07, 10:46 AM
I had an X45 back home, If i ever get back into It i'll buy myself an X52.

Saitek make the best HOTAS for the price. Cougar is way too expensive, but I need a HOTAS.

fredbass
02-24-07, 01:23 PM
Well I Like the X52, but it's not force feedback is it?

Boris
02-24-07, 02:48 PM
Nope, I don't even think there is a force-feedback HOTAS on the market. But I'd rather have a realistic control system than a little arcade stick with vibrator function.

CCIP
02-24-07, 03:22 PM
Yea, real flightsim joysticks don't have force feedback :p

Seriously, though, it's a gimmick that I should say adds relatively little compared to what a real HOTAS system will add. I've tried some force feedback sticks, but once you get over the novelty of the idea... they become an irritation.

fredbass
02-25-07, 07:23 AM
Now the X52 Pro looks really great, but since the price is so high, I'll probably have to pass on that for now. The original X52 is affordable for me but I don't know if I really need all the extra stuff it has for what I'll be using it for which is probably just WWII fighters. So I'm still leaning towards the Saitek Cyborg Evo Force. If I don't like the Forcefeed, I can always turn it off. :)

CCIP
02-25-07, 01:32 PM
Ah well, that's true - of course the full functionality of it is best with modern sims, but don't discount its value in old sims. Of course to some extent a HOTAS on a WWII fighter is even an unfair advantage over the real thing.

That said, noone forcing you to buy it of course. As you may see from this thread, I myself use an EVO (non-force) and am very happy with it; Saitek make great sticks. In my case though, if I could afford a HOTAS... I'd get it any day!