PDA

View Full Version : Wolves of the Pacific Website Launch!

rik007
02-01-07, 02:43 PM
Now we are getting closer:

http://silenthunter4.uk.ubi.com/index.php

Launched today so check it out! :up:

Kapitan_Phillips
02-01-07, 02:51 PM
That site has infact been up for a while, but a rather interesting Q & A entry, dont you think?

Q. TheRealPotoroo: Will there be an updated Destroyer Command that it will be compatible with?
A. It's certainly a possibility that we are considering. But in any case, it won't be an updated version of Destroyer Command, but rather a completely new game with similar design and technology improvements as SH3 was over 2.

rik007
02-01-07, 03:03 PM
I was not sure it was already there but it was officially announced at http://www.silent-hunteriii.com/uk/home.php

Destroyer command & multiplayer would be a nice asset. I do not know if DC was a succes. To be honest I never was a fan of it.

Boris
02-01-07, 03:03 PM
If it means waiting longer for the next Atlantic U-boat sim, then I'd rather not the devteam "waste" their time on a destroyer command. There's a few people who want novelties like different eras, controlling ships etc. But the vast majority of the current SH3 fanbase are U-Boat fans. There are Already many people that are dissappointed SHIV is a pacific sim, especially because SH3, even with all it's supermods, still lacks some key features.
While I'm really looking forward to going into a new theatre, fighting on the other side, I wan't to be able to get back to the Atlantic within the next few years.

bishop
02-01-07, 04:17 PM
There are Already many people that are dissappointed SHIV is a pacific sim

There are already many people that are thrilled SHIV is a pacific sim...

Boris
02-01-07, 04:20 PM
There are Already many people that are dissappointed SHIV is a pacific sim
There are already many people that are thrilled SHIV is a pacific sim...

As I said in my last sentence, I'm still very much looking forward to SH4 myself.

mr chris
02-01-07, 04:48 PM
I agree with you Boris Im looking forward to SH4 but i cant wait till the next atlantic installment comes along and if that means no Destoryer command 2 it will not be a loss to me. I like being on the side with a traget rich enviroment. But one day i would like to see the Atlantic war in all its glory with the choice to play as the Germans, the Itailians, The British. Now that is a dream.

JU_88
02-01-07, 04:48 PM
Honestly, i dont care whether the Subs are German or American - As Deng Xao Ping once said "It doesnt matter wheather that cat is black or white, so long as it catches mice" Other than the pathetic lack of AI subs (which so many other Naval games have as standard) Im really looking forward to SHIV and Im sure Ill enjoy it as much as SH3

:arrgh!:

Safe-Keeper
02-01-07, 05:29 PM
Boris, keep in mind that there's a very real possibility Atlantic elements will be modded into Silent Hunter 4 pretty early on (convoys will be there already, in fact). I myself am actually considering porting Norwegian Operations to it if something wortwhile materializes for the European area. So by the time a Destroyer Command 2 would come out, there should already be an Atlantic theatre to play in.

Boris
02-01-07, 05:45 PM
I hope you're right mate. If it's possible I dare say I will be involved in the making of it. If new interiors can't be added as was the case with SH3, that would be a showstopper. If new U-Boat types can be done, everything else can be done.

rik007
02-02-07, 12:57 AM
I'm affraid we will not get - coordinated - wolfpacks modded into a pacific based game. A North-atlantic add-on with that feature will surely sell!