PDA

View Full Version : Traitors!!!

codmander
01-29-07, 08:32 PM
Am I the only one feelin guilty about sailing my uboat into Boston harbor:o Than being transported across the states to San Fransisco Bay to captain a US sub :hmm:
To fight our allieds

by the way arent we suppose to get some sort of demo in a day or 2 ?? :rock:

Torplexed
01-29-07, 08:47 PM
I kinda find it hard to feel guilty about a 'simulation' of reality. The real deeds have been done. ;) Besides, as the Germans I would look askance at Japan as an ally given the historical perspective. They didn't do too much to tie up the Red Army in the Far East.

hyperion2206
01-30-07, 08:59 AM
I'm actually pretty happy to be part of the winning team; for a German this a totally new feeling!:rotfl::lol:

TDK1044
01-30-07, 09:46 AM
Even though Silent Hunter 3 was just a submarine simulation game, I don't think it's possible to play the game and not have a great deal of respect for the men who manned the U Boats in WWII.

Did I have a twinge of guilt at the back of my mind while playing SH3...absolutely. My Dad fought in WWII so why wouldn't I. But I played the game and thoroughly enjoyed it, and my respect for the U Boat crews is huge.

I anticipate the playing experience to be enhanced in SH4 because of graphical and gameplay improvements, but I won't enjoy the game more because I'll be an American Captain this time.

I think that playing these games can teach an open minded person to understand the mind set of a submarine captain....whichever side he's on.

John Channing
01-30-07, 05:55 PM
Am I the only one feelin guilty about sailing my uboat into Boston harbor:o Than being transported across the states to San Fransisco Bay to captain a US sub :hmm:
To fight our allieds

Unless I have missed something there has been no mention of a demo.

Neal will but publishing a preview, but I don't think anyone said anything about a demo.

JCC

codmander
01-30-07, 11:57 PM
Even though Silent Hunter 3 was just a submarine simulation game, I don't think it's possible to play the game and not have a great deal of respect for the men who manned the U Boats in WWII.

Did I have a twinge of guilt at the back of my mind while playing SH3...absolutely. My Dad fought in WWII so why wouldn't I. But I played the game and thoroughly enjoyed it, and my respect for the U Boat crews is huge.

I anticipate the playing experience to be enhanced in SH4 because of graphical and gameplay improvements, but I won't enjoy the game more because I'll be an American Captain this time.

I think that playing these games can teach an open minded person to understand the mind set of a submarine captain....whichever side he's on.

welll said mate:|\\

codmander
01-30-07, 11:59 PM
To fight our allieds

Unless I have missed something there has been no mention of a demo.

Neal will but publishing a preview, but I don't think anyone said anything about a demo.

JCC

o well thats ok easyier waitn for sh4 than sh3 thats for sure at least we have a sim we can use while we wait :|\\