PDA

View Full Version : SH4 Collectors Edition

Sonarman
01-25-07, 05:42 PM
Our friends over at the great German site Marinesims.de have uncovered news of a collectors edition of SHIV priced at 54 euros the contents of the pack are not yet known.

Here's a story from down under that confirms a Collectors edition is on the cards (before you have a coronary please note that prices are New Zealand Dollars!)

http://www.gpstore.co.nz/News/Archive/4357.html

StandingCow
01-25-07, 05:52 PM
Nice! I think I am going to have to go for the collector's edition. :D

CWorth
01-25-07, 07:18 PM
Can't really get excited until I know what is included..

Bought to many "Collectors Edition" games and have yet to see any of them really be worth the extra money paid for it considering the included "extra" content.

Barkhorn1x
01-25-07, 07:46 PM
Rumor has it that the package will include an actual MK XIV Contact Exploder - with the firing pins all bent to $h!t.

:cool:

Barkhorn.

TDK1044
01-25-07, 07:49 PM
The Collector's Addition comes with the two extra modules of RAM necessary to run the game!

:rotfl:

Sonarman
01-25-07, 09:10 PM
Let's hope it a large juicy AOD style spiral bound manual of "Microprosian" proportions! Packed with actual useful stuff like tactics, convoy routes, port depth charts etc.

stabiz
01-25-07, 09:52 PM
There was a long debate about this over at the Ubi forums. The devs wanted to know what people wanted, and spiral manuals was one of the things that got narrowed down. (Along with map(s), artwork, etc) Who knows what gonna be in it, though ...

edjcox
01-25-07, 11:22 PM
Shards of the broken Christmas mugs?!?!?!?!?!?

He He
:oops:

fire-fox
01-26-07, 04:31 AM
well i dont now about the rest of you lot, but a AoB pin wheel would realy come in handy.:ping: :damn:

Konovalov
01-26-07, 04:45 AM
I can only hope for a spiral bound detailed manual. I don't want any cheap gimmicks. :hmm:

AJ!
01-26-07, 04:57 AM
Thats great news.... assuming some interesting goodies are thrown in. Id personly like a wall poster of a sub or somthing :D

Fat Bhoy Tim
01-26-07, 05:46 AM
Let's hope it a large juicy AOD style spiral bound manual of "Microprosian" proportions! Packed with actual useful stuff like tactics, convoy routes, port depth charts etc.

If it is, I'd almost certainly get it, but if it's the usual collector's edition rubbish you see - forget it.

Immacolata
01-26-07, 07:52 AM
Can't really get excited until I know what is included..

Bought to many "Collectors Edition" games and have yet to see any of them really be worth the extra money paid for it considering the included "extra" content.

Amen. Collector's editions are money drains for people with easily excitable people with poor economic sense. Collector's edition in the age of mass duplication is in it self an oxymoron. Having bought several myself, Im like you now. Ive yet come across a Collector's edition that was actually enhancing the game. The joy of owning an extra expensive box with china manufactured junk or ridiculous "making of" or "artwork coffee table books" is even more funny. No person so cool they have an actual coffee table would humiliate themselves by having game advertisements lying on it ^_^

Thick, spiral bound manual perhaps. With printed identification manual. Fully fledged SH3 campaign integrated into SH4 engine. Otherwise, forget it.

Theta Sigma
01-26-07, 12:14 PM
I still have my fngers crosed for that baking soda-powered toy sub. ;)

StandingCow
01-26-07, 03:01 PM
Maybe it will come with a container of that anti-crabs powder from das boot! :D

don1reed
01-26-07, 07:27 PM
...maybe a tour...
http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/151/smcphilippineslogohu5.th.gif (http://img403.imageshack.us/my.php?image=smcphilippineslogohu5.gif)

...but, remember my fellow mates...

http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/968/beermc6.th.jpg (http://img403.imageshack.us/my.php?image=beermc6.jpg)

Cheers,

McBeck
01-27-07, 07:37 AM
Maybe its just a marketing trick ;)

Hylander_1314
01-27-07, 02:25 PM
Last Collectors edition I bought was Dynamix Aces series, as it included RedBaron, Aces of the Pacific, and Aces over Europe. And all the add-ons they had done for those games, and a History of Flight disk. All of this was on CD. It also included the printed manuals for all three games. The original Red Baron manual was nicely done as it was spiral bound, so it wouldn't fall apart as the adhesive bound books will with time. I think this cost me about 30 bucks.

Immacolata
01-29-07, 06:34 PM
Last Collectors edition I bought was Dynamix Aces series, as it included RedBaron, Aces of the Pacific, and Aces over Europe. And all the add-ons they had done for those games, and a History of Flight disk. All of this was on CD. It also included the printed manuals for all three games. The original Red Baron manual was nicely done as it was spiral bound, so it wouldn't fall apart as the adhesive bound books will with time. I think this cost me about 30 bucks.

Now THAT would be what I'd call a CE. So bundle up SH3 with SH4 (and make SH3 run in the new engine) and I'd be lolling my tongue uncontrolably.

Hylander_1314
01-30-07, 11:15 AM
The nice thing about getting those old games on cd, was the originals I had bought, were on floppy, and Widows 3.1 compatable. With the cd releases, they were also updated to work with Windows95. Ahhhhhh, those were the days!