PDA

View Full Version : TV UK 21:00 BBC2 Friday 5th January - Timewatch: The Hunt for U-864

Kaleun
01-04-07, 07:28 AM
Heads up for the UK

From the Radio Times

"A new series of BBC2's history strand begins with a tense tale of submarine warfare. Timewatch has a thing about submarines, but then again, this story is arguably a bit special - the only time in naval warfare that two submarines have duelled to the death underwater. It was February 1945 off the coast of Norway when HMS Venturer managed, by some brilliant manoeuvres, to hunt down and torpedo the German U-boat U864. Sweaty reconstructions capture the atmosphere of the duel ("Commander, port side! Another torpedo!"), while in the present day a salvage team sends cameras down to the whiskery wreck."

Regards

Kaleun

Konovalov
01-04-07, 08:34 AM
Brilliant. :rock: Thanks for the notice. I'll program it in my Sky box when I get home tonight. :yep:

Linton
01-04-07, 08:43 AM
BBC S East news are showing an interview tonight at 1830 with one of the surviving RN crew members.
This programme called South East Today can be watched through the internet.

STEED
01-04-07, 10:28 AM
BBC S East news are showing an interview tonight at 1830 with one of the surviving RN crew members.
This programme called South East Today can be watched through the internet.

ROCK ON. :up:

Linton
01-04-07, 07:17 PM
It was only a short segment and can be found about 20 mins into the programme.

Captain Nemo
01-05-07, 06:56 AM
Thanks for the info. My HD recorder is set so that I can watch it over the weekend.

Nemo

STEED
01-05-07, 05:57 PM
Just watched it glad I recorded it, brilliant. :rock: :up: