PDA

View Full Version : Dates in posts

Linton
12-27-06, 01:00 PM
I was just looking back at some early posts in the SC forum and they are all dated 1970!They then jump to 2005.What is the reason for this?

STEED
12-27-06, 01:53 PM
Sun Spots. :lol:

Or my neighbour smacking the hell out of his PC causing holes in the fabric of time which in turn causes dates in posts to change. :roll:

Sailor Steve
12-27-06, 06:08 PM
You're not supposed to be trying to get a date here anyway. They have special websites for that sort of thing.

Linton
12-28-06, 06:16 AM
Some very droll and witty answers.I wish the old posts could be listed alphabetically-it would make searching easier if they were listed like this.

STEED
12-28-06, 06:26 AM
Some very droll and witty answers.I wish the old posts could be listed alphabetically-it would make searching easier if they were listed like this.

Come on droll!!!

Hey, Steve and I are here to have some fun and make you laugh free of charge. :lol:

Linton
12-28-06, 06:30 AM
I am surprised that a mod hasn't answered.We could turn this into the secret cat bump thread.

Gizzmoe
12-28-06, 06:42 AM
I am surprised that a mod hasn't answered.

Thatīs probably because we donīt know the technical details of the forum software! :D I could only make a few assumptions, but that wouldnīt answer your question.

Linton
12-28-06, 06:54 AM
Twelve minutes that is a pretty fast response Giz.I suppose NS Is the only one that may know.I would like old posts listed alphabetically rather than by date-it would make it easier to search.

Kapitan_Phillips
12-28-06, 07:47 AM
Come on droll!!!

Hey, Steve and I are here to have some fun and make you laugh free of charge. :lol:

Always bloody works too :doh:

Onkel Neal
12-28-06, 09:20 AM
Well, here goes…. :lol:

When we converted the forum software from spam infested phpBB to the costly but clean vBulletin, some of the oldest posts did not convert cleanly. They still exist, but in the Archive forum (http://www.subsim.com/phpBB_archive1/). On my list of things to do before I die, I have “clean up forum, remove empty 1970-dated posts.” Of course, I need to make a forum backup first… we all know how that works:doh:

Sailor Steve
12-28-06, 12:19 PM
Speak for yourself. I charge 5 cents per post.

Neal's answer is almost certainly the real one. I just wish I had a clue what he's talking about.:oops:

STEED
12-28-06, 02:27 PM

:rotfl: :rotfl:

HunterICX
12-29-06, 07:04 AM

Neal's answer is almost certainly the real one. I just wish I had a clue what he's talking about.:oops:

Then Steve, Neal has to pay you 388,35$
:rotfl:

Onkel Neal
12-29-06, 02:23 PM
Hey, Steve and I are here to have some fun and make you laugh free of charge. :lol: Speak for yourself. I charge 5 cents per post.

Then Steve, Neal has to pay you 388,35$

Lol, I hope not. That reminds me when Seth was in the Brig for some SW related thing, he tried to bribe his way out :lol: When he offered me $100 I told him for that much money I would sell the whole website to him! :hmm:

Sailor Steve
12-29-06, 05:10 PM
It's okay, Neal. I'll settle for a case of Dr. Pepper (and a pizza).

STEED
12-30-06, 05:11 AM

Your cheap. ;)

Sailor Steve
12-30-06, 01:00 PM

Your cheap. ;)
All too true.

Onkel Neal
12-30-06, 04:12 PM
Ok, I believe I've purged all the empty "1970" posts in all the forums. There should be a *** Click here to read older topics *** "Older threads can be found in the Subsim Archives" (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/../phpBB_archive1/) final thread.

Torplexed
12-30-06, 05:20 PM
Neal has purged the 1970s. What do I do with my polyester leisure suit and platform shoes now? :hmm:

Kapitan_Phillips
12-30-06, 06:54 PM
Sell them to David Soul :rotfl: