PDA

View Full Version : Anti submarine & ship missile fire underwater

GrayFox
12-17-06, 09:07 PM
Guys, I want to fire these off, but every time i try to, I et a "Unit has failed" message said. What do I have to do?

Sea Demon
12-18-06, 12:13 AM
You can't go below a certain depth and/or go above a certain speed when firing these weapons. If you stay at 50m or above and 5 knots or below you usually will have no problem. But there are certain parameters depending on the weapon. I don't normally play using the Akula, but I think for Stallions you can use them as deep as 100m. Just look up what these parameters are and stay within them when firing these weapons.

Maybe you tried firing them at 10 knots or at 200m or something.

P.S. Oh yeah. For Harpoon and TASM stay at 150 feet or above and no faster than 5 knots for success.

rman214
03-10-07, 05:03 PM
You need to be going 2knots or less and at pd to launch missles

littlejon
03-14-07, 09:00 PM
Hey guys, I've been having a problem launching also. Sub Command, version 108, single mission, screen penetration, incapacitate Russian Carrier. I've made several attacks on the other two ships and two mark 48 hits on the carrier. Then I can't launch at all because I can't get system ready and a green launch button in the launch panel. My speed is 00 kts and my depth is 70 ft. It the same with any tubes but my last attemp was with 3 and 4 loaded with tasm's. tube 4 is the contact and tube 3 is a snapshot. Mmark 48's won't launch either! Any ideas on this one to?

Littlejon

Pisces
03-15-07, 06:22 AM
Have you given the contact the right designation (sub/surface/stationary; hostile/friendly/neutral)? It's no use launching TLAMs or TASMs at (submerged) subs. Or torps at land/airborne targets. Messing this up usually prevents me from launching my torps.

Or you just ran out of compressed air.