PDA

View Full Version : MODDING

tonibamestre
12-14-06, 06:29 AM
At this days quite a lot posts,sugestions,questions and comments hava been seen here about SH4.We really dont know if Ubi developers will have in mind any upgrade or future expansion,we truly hope so,but if not,they could launch this sim with some kind of developing tool for the modders around the world.
Im not talking just to work on a mod for upgrading the water or the sub interior or exterior,but to be able to build new units with its interior and implement them into SH4 like controllable(even if the interior have to be made on 2D).
We have around some very excellent ship builders and developers,like Aaken from Maricosom web,and this would be a good way to get improved the upcoming SH and be in command of other kind of units,like jap submarines and more.

I expect Ubi people can have this in mind if is not too late.

Cheers.

TDK1044
12-14-06, 07:09 AM
Ubisoft's history would suggest that this is highly unlikely. I think the same level of modding that SH3 offered will be what you get in SH4.

Schatten
12-14-06, 09:32 AM
Ubisoft's history would suggest that this is highly unlikely. I think the same level of modding that SH3 offered will be what you get in SH4.

I'm pretty sure you're right there, that the modding will be pretty much of the same kind that can be done with SH III. Which is in itself not a bad thing at all.

An SDK is pretty unlikey, although I think part of the reason we didn't get one for SH III was because they were using an upgraded version of the same engine for SH IV. If there's a SH V (and I hope there is someday) I doubt it'll be using the same engine as these two so maybe there is some hope someday of getting an SDK. Although the chances are still slim to none in my opinion.

geetrue
12-14-06, 08:18 PM
Do mods keep you from playing multi-palyer?

I remember some games have to be pure to play online, but I sure would like to have the mods too.

Sailor Steve
12-15-06, 11:27 AM
It's my understanding that the online games may be modded, but anyone playing together has to have exactly the same setup, mods and all, or else it won't work.

bigboywooly
12-15-06, 05:59 PM
Yep thats how it is
Thats why there is a GW MP thread as if you have GW and play in a stock game it CTD
Same with any other mod
Some smaller mods seem to be ok but its a grey area which are ok and which arent
Graphics are ok - beyond that - ?

Best to use multiple installs keeping a fresh unmodded one for MP

Jimbuna
03-10-07, 11:35 AM
Had this prob last night whilst hosting a MP game for Stabiz (he kept getting a ctd)...Eventually it transpired he had been on MP with someone else earlier who had insisted they both use HT light (hence the ctd)....we (the regular mob never use that) :nope: