PDA

View Full Version : In Seach for an old Subsim! Need Help!

Dr.Zod
12-12-06, 07:31 PM
Hi there folks,
well I´m new to Subsim forums and also a great fan of all kinds of subsims, especially SH3.
So what I´d like to ask is:
I´m looking for a old subsim, the problem is I don´t know what its name is. But I can remember some features, so I´ll try to do my best to give you as much info as I can.

Well it is as I said old don´t ask me how old, but to give you a hint I don´t remeber if it was on PC or Amiga, that old!!!
It had simple 3D poly graphics, it was set in a not distant fauture. You could controll 3 typs of subs. All subs were like 1 man controlled subs (e.g Aquanox), two of them where like fighter subs, and one was a deep sea exploration sub. The missions were quiet cool, not only fighting but for e.g. find something from an old german submarine or towing an iceberg!!! It was not arcadish, I remember there were thermal layers displayed in the HUD you could use for tactical advantages, and passiv and activ sonars.

Well I hope that some people can figure out what I´m talking about.
If you have any clue what the name of this game is let me know. Fell free to comment. Anything is helpfull.

Thanx in advance,

Dr.Zod

The Noob
12-13-06, 04:13 AM
I'll promise to take a look at it. Maby this is that game i've seen a long time ago... :hmm:

(retro fan here :lol:)

EDIT: Sorry but i couldnt find anything about a game like this on my sources.

Cpt. Stewker
12-15-06, 07:11 AM
I may of found your sim.

Was it Subwar 2050?

This is another sadly forgotten classic-- similar to its descendant-in-spirit Sub Culture, Subwar 2050 casts you as a young submarine pilot who work for a global conglomerate in the earth's far future. You must contend with both undersea creatures and subs from opposing corporations while taking on missions that range from simple delivery to seek-and-destroy. The graphics is way ahead of its time, and the physics of undersea combat is well-implemented. The expansion disk adds 2 additional campaigns, new terrain, and many more enemies.

<link removed as its a site offering abandonware downloads>

NeonSamurai
12-15-06, 09:50 PM
Just a reminder but it is against subsim rules to post links to Abandonware sites, as they fall under the warez clasification. Review sites are fine but sites offering abandonware for download are not.

Cpt. Stewker
12-17-06, 08:58 PM
Just a reminder but it is against subsim rules to post links to Abandonware sites, as they fall under the warez clasification. Review sites are fine but sites offering abandonware for download are not.
Ah, my apologizes, it was not my intention to do that. I only meant to show him a site that had a list of games of classic PC games and reviews that may strike his memory. I did not realize that was such a site, I found it via google.

NeonSamurai
12-18-06, 03:07 PM
I figured that was the case, which is why i only removed the link :)