PDA

View Full Version : Using the number pad

TDK1044
12-12-06, 08:46 AM
It's only a little thing, but I really hope that SH4 allows us to use the number pad to specify the required depth. Clicking on that small dial just doesn't cut it for me. I'm sure the purists will argue that the captain didn't have access to a number pad, but he didn't have access to a mouse and cursor either! :D

For me, the game equivelent of the verbal order "set depth to 60 feet" would be to use the number pad to enter 60, and not to click on a dial which will get you to approximately 60 feet.

fire-fox
12-12-06, 09:27 AM
if you havent already seen the early bild video the three dials (bottem right like in SH3) now will get magnifide be a factor of 2 - 2.5 when you hover the crser over them.:88) :roll:

Schatten
12-12-06, 09:30 AM
You got my vote for that as well.

Nothing more annoying to me than fidgeting with that dial. I feel like the most indecisive and laid back skipper ever when I use it and picture the verbal order something like: "COB make our depth...ohhh 65, give or take. Whatever works for you. Let me know what you decide, I'm going to sit here and eat peanuts."

And that's on a good day, usually its more like: "COB make our depth...oh hell just surprise me. Where'd my peanuts go?"

AVGWarhawk
12-12-06, 09:34 AM
I agree also. There should be some predetermined depths for each key. Just hit it and down you go. There should still be dial for finer adjusments.

Corsair
12-12-06, 02:08 PM
It's only a little thing, but I really hope that SH4 allows us to use the number pad to specify the required depth. Clicking on that small dial just doesn't cut it for me. I'm sure the purists will argue that the captain didn't have access to a number pad, but he didn't have access to a mouse and cursor either! :D

For me, the game equivelent of the verbal order "set depth to 60 feet" would be to use the number pad to enter 60, and not to click on a dial which will get you to approximately 60 feet.

Get the 6 dials mod, they are slide outs, huge and you are precise to the meter on depth and to the degree on heading...;)