PDA

View Full Version : Moving along the sub

tonibamestre
12-11-06, 06:54 AM
Hi,I dont know at the moment how many stations and compartments we are going to be able to walk in SH4,but,would be a good system the one called View dll. used on Wilco products for FS2004.Basicaly,on a 3D enviroment it uses the mouse wheel to walk forward,and combined with SHIFT and Ctrl to raise-lower and move sidewards.
This would be a good trick,if we assume to play on first person like Commanders.Someone can think that it would take quite lot time to go from the bow to stern for example this way,but on reality this is the way it is.
Also,this could give us the chance to move along the deck aswell.

AVGWarhawk
12-11-06, 03:00 PM
There is some talk of a few more compartments then what SH3 offered. Currently you can move about the compartments in SH3 like you are walking.

Zinmar
12-11-06, 03:32 PM
Is there a way to add more compartments into SH3? I know I posted this inthe wrong forum but thought I would ask.

birdy
12-11-06, 03:51 PM
i dont know

but it would also be nice to do some things in your sub in sh4
like opening ballast tanks or something. i would love to walk to the torpedo room and really fire the torpedo with the switch
that makes the experience in a sub much better

AVGWarhawk
12-11-06, 03:55 PM
Is there a way to add more compartments into SH3? I know I posted this inthe wrong forum but thought I would ask.

I'm sure there is but it would be quite an undertaking for someone who is just modding.

AVGWarhawk
12-11-06, 03:55 PM
i dont know

but it would also be nice to do some things in your sub in sh4
like opening ballast tanks or something. i would love to walk to the torpedo room and really fire the torpedo with the switch
that makes the experience in a sub much better

I think it might have this in the game. Time will tell.

mapuc
12-12-06, 06:09 AM
I don't know if this has been up to discussion before.

If not moving around, then a sort of quick-move-button. Like we have in SHIII (F2=Command room) but here we are we also can jump into the engineering, by pressing the shift+E or by pressing shift+T you make a quick-jump into the T-room

Markus

Schatten
12-12-06, 09:43 AM
While it'd be cool to be able to go to any compartment on the boat, I wonder how often we'd really use it after taking a tour or two. The command centers obviously need to be modelled since we spend all our time there, but I really can't see myself walking back to the diesel room just to check on the clotheslines or going to the torpedo room just to swear at the screen at the real amount of lolligagging that was going on during the reloading process. Now if they had a "glower sternly" button that put the fear of God into the crew in a compartment to work faster that would be a different story. And many of my officers in SHIII are lucky there isn't a "wave P-38 around menacingly" button even in the compartments we can get to...

It's probably just me but instead of doing complete 3D interiors of all the compartments on the subs we get, I'd rather just have the equivalent compartments that we already have in SHIII and use the time and resources elsewhere. I mean if you add in just 4 more compartments in a Gato that's the same amount of work (more or less I know) as adding in the essential command ones on an S-Class. Persionally if it simply came down to 3D resource use I'd rather have an S-Class added than the aft head on one of the 4 subs that are already in. I know there's more to adding a new sub than just the 3D interiors but if they were taking the time to 3D model everything inside all our boats I'd prefer to use the time and effort on something along the lines of more boat classes.

CaptJodan
12-14-06, 12:49 AM
Well I for one would like to see more compartments in some fashion or another. I know some would indeed not wonder the boat, but I personally really look forward to doing just that. Most certainly during times of damage when I would like to "see how bad it is" of sorts. I just like of like the idea of being able to change my scenery during or between DC barrages. Nothing else to do but wait it out much of the time. Might as well make sure people are behaving themselves. :)

mapuc
12-14-06, 06:17 AM
What do you say to this idea:

During the install, you will get the opportunity to install those compartments or not.

Markus