PDA

View Full Version : Like election campaign

mapuc
12-09-06, 08:34 PM
You know how it is. The president or a politician standing there promising you everything, if you vote for him. Day after the election, you are disappointed.

I have the same feeling when it comes to SHIV.

Hope you understand what I mean.

Markus

AG124
12-09-06, 08:56 PM
Well, we did get some broken promises in SHIII.:cry: Although, this time the dev team seems to know what they will not be able to accomplish and are being more cautious in their promises.

At any rate, I will probably like the game when it is finished, even if it has some flaws.

TDK1044
12-09-06, 09:21 PM
No DEV team can deliver a product that will be all things to all people, but they can deliver a sim that is properly Beta tested at the time of release and which contains significant graphical and game play improvements over SH3.

CCIP
12-09-06, 10:40 PM
Well it also depends on your approach. I was personally never disappointed with SHIII. Irritated at some things in it, yes, but it's still my favorite game, and I've been around with it all the way since March 2005, and spent weeks tweaking around with settings for Real U-Boat to improve some of the problems.

Let's not be too skeptical. Even SHIII delivered on many things, and given that this will have the experience of many errors of SHIII behind it - I'm very positive.

If you go into it with such an attitude, you no doubt will be disappointed.

Safe-Keeper
12-10-06, 12:25 AM
The trick is to not promise anything pre-maturely. I think all Battlefield 2 players can relate to this one. And, of course, never rush a game.

Silent Hunter 4 will be incredible even if rushed. If released when it's finished, however, it'll be sure to become an immortal classic. Let's hope they take their time.

TDK1044
12-10-06, 11:58 AM
The trick is to not promise anything pre-maturely. I think all Battlefield 2 players can relate to this one. And, of course, never rush a game.

Silent Hunter 4 will be incredible even if rushed. If released when it's finished, however, it'll be sure to become an immortal classic. Let's hope they take their time.

I concur. I think SH3 suffered form early indecision in terms of which direction it should take, and that helped create a bottle neck situation in terms of meeting the release date. I think that's why we had patch mania in the first few months after release.

I think that much was learned from SH3, and I believe that SH4 is going to surprise a lot of the more skeptical members of the Forum.

TheSatyr
12-11-06, 09:09 PM
Keep in mind that the time spent in adding in a dynamic campaign to SH3 probably took some time away from other parts of the game. Granted they were given more time to complete the dynamic campaign but a few things were probably left out because of time constraints.

A problem SH4 won't have,since having a dynamic campaign was part of the original design doc. I got a feeling that if all goes well,SH4 will become the greatest sub sim of all.

I still expect to see a few patches for the game. I've NEVER bought a pc game that didn't need a patch for something.

bookworm_020
12-11-06, 10:45 PM
I think the game will be what they said it would be. They have been very clear on what to expect and what not to. I'm glad they're make it more life like around harbours and more interaction, but disapointed that there will be no AI subs (in particular, Japanese!).

I still think it will be the best there is, but the modders out there wll no doubt improve on what we're given!:up: