PDA

View Full Version : A day which will live in infamy...

Tonnage_Ace
12-07-06, 03:45 AM
Personally I don't think it would be in good taste, but those marketers would love the date for historical and 'money' reasons...it being in the holiday season.

P_Funk
12-07-06, 04:50 AM
You mean shipping it on Pearl Harbour day? Oh that would definately be in bad taste, for sure. I mean its one thing to glorify war, recreate the environtment of war meticulously and to encourage people to revel in the slaying of fellow human beings but to try and bring those two worlds in together by joining them in a day would really go over the top.:roll:

baggygreen
12-07-06, 04:52 AM
COMPLETELY IN POOR TASTE, NO DOUBT ABOUT IT.

oops sorry for the capitals..

Its something id expect from EA not from Ubi..:doh:

Pants
12-07-06, 04:55 AM
TBH i don't mind when it is released, aslong as it does not get released with the same flaws as SH3.(and i dont mean new flaws either ;) )
But i can see the pov that it would be in poor taste.

AJ!
12-07-06, 06:51 AM
I agree with pants...

So has SH4 been moved forward or is it still set for a spring release?

TDK1044
12-07-06, 07:14 AM
I think they're still aiming for a March release.

Sailor Steve
12-07-06, 11:15 AM
On another thread here we we've been discussing release dates. You'd be surprised how many (myself included) thought a December 7 release date would be a cool thing.

Schatten
12-07-06, 12:26 PM
My only problem with it being Dec. 7 is I know it isn't out today, and don't want to have to wait another year.

bookworm_020
12-07-06, 06:32 PM
Waiting for December 2007?? Forget it! I want it as soon as possible!:yep:

Just as long as it is finnished!

Tonnage_Ace
12-07-06, 08:27 PM
Actually what I do think would be great is if the game was released somewhere between the 4th and 7th of June 2007. The Battle of Midway! It's right around the 'spring' release date they're aiming for and it would be somewhat appropriate considering that's when the battle for the Pacific swung in the Allies favor.

Wulfmann
12-07-06, 08:40 PM
I too agree with Pants.
My biggest request has always been to not release until it is completely tested and corrected.
I would prefer to play it than fix it or wait for more talented modders to make repairs when they could be making additional cool extras.
I don't care what you do (devs) except please do it right-------- out of the box

Wulfmann

Safe-Keeper
12-07-06, 10:36 PM
Four words: Take your bloody time.

Gamers in this day and age want everything released ASAP, forgetting the good ole days when games were finished upon release and patches were non-existant solely because they were obsolete. Now everything has to be done in no time flat or else the fans grow tired.

If Ubisoft announces that we have to wait until December 2007 for Silent Hunter 4, I'm personally sending them some packs of cocoa to go with those nice new SubSim mugs. I'd truly be happy. I know it's not going to happen, but I'd rejoice if it did.

I've waited longer for games...

Tonnage_Ace
12-07-06, 11:48 PM

Hehe, are you referring to Duke Nukem Forever or STALKER by any chance?

Safe-Keeper
12-08-06, 12:50 AM
No, I'm talking about Stars! Supernova Genesis (http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/starssupernovagenesis/index.html?q=stars%20supernova%20genesis), for which I've waited for about half a decade and still naïvely have hope for ("maybe someone, some day will rekindle it"):cry:.

geetrue
12-08-06, 02:24 AM
December 7th, 1941 was a surprise attack ... Maybe they will do the same thing and surprise us with a demo before going gold ... I just want to load the game as early as possiable ... Surprise us developers. :lol:

cobalt
12-08-06, 03:06 AM
Hehe, are you referring to Duke Nukem Forever or STALKER by any chance?

ive been following stalker since 2001, i was a freshman in highschool when i first heard of it. i hope its good

d@rk51d3
12-08-06, 07:25 AM
I thought STALKER was cancelled. I hope I'm wrong, I was looking forward to this too.:cry:

HundertzehnGustav
12-08-06, 09:07 AM
good taste on DEC 7... because it isnt gonna be december 8 or 9 or 2008...:D