PDA

View Full Version : Stupid avatars

Subwolf
12-06-06, 11:12 AM
OMG :o

Some of these changing avatars are simply ridiculous, "wild night in Bangkok"...damn I looked like a cheap bimbo! :rotfl:

Actually I didn't find that one funny at all, it more or less pissed me off...and is that the idea, Neal?

BTW this probably belongs in another forum, too late.

melnibonian
12-06-06, 11:14 AM
I think there is a way of having a custom avatar but I have no idea how to do it. On the other hand I like the avatars on the forum. They give naval character :D :D :D

Syxx_Killer
12-06-06, 11:14 AM
Wait till you have a rough night at Langtress Brothel.:doh:

melnibonian
12-06-06, 11:19 AM
I can't wait :D :D :D :D

AVGWarhawk
12-06-06, 11:22 AM
The switching is kind of funny. Except for Navy Dude....don't get me started on that avatar.

Subwolf
12-06-06, 11:23 AM

Save me...:roll:

I'm an officer and a gentleman, it sure doesn't suit my taste ;)

melnibonian
12-06-06, 11:24 AM
Except for Navy Dude....don't get me started on that avatar.
Oh yes let's not start that again. Neal locked the thread after the amount of spam we generated. It was good fun though :D :D :D (the sapm not the Village People:rotfl: :rotfl: )

danlisa
12-06-06, 11:25 AM
I'm really trying to ditch this Jap avatar. We're not playing SH4 yet people:stare:

melnibonian
12-06-06, 11:26 AM
I'm really trying to ditch this Jap avatar. We're not playing SH4 yet people:stare:
Keep posting Dan. 3 more to go to reach 600. I guess then it would change :up:

Sailor Steve
I think there is a way of having a custom avatar but I have no idea how to do it. On the other hand I like the avatars on the forum. They give naval character :D :D :D
Donate a very small amount to SubSim (donate as much as you can, but only a small amount is required for a custom avatar). Email Onkel Neal and send him the picture you want and tell him what you want your sub-heading to say. Wait a while and enjoy your new status.:sunny:

danlisa
I'm really trying to ditch this Jap avatar. We're not playing SH4 yet people:stare: Keep posting Dan. 3 more to go to reach 600. I guess then it would change :up:

Here we go again:roll::D

melnibonian
12-06-06, 11:27 AM
I'm really trying to ditch this Jap avatar. We're not playing SH4 yet people:stare: Keep posting Dan. 3 more to go to reach 600. I guess then it would change :up:

Here we go again:roll::D
Come on two more to go :yep: ;)

danlisa
12-06-06, 11:30 AM
Here we go again:roll::D Come on two more to go :yep: ;)
:oAAAHHHHHH - Guts for garters.

Edit - Done:D - Much better

GT182
12-06-06, 11:31 AM
Dan, 3 more posts and it will be gone. 600 or 601 is the magic number to lose the one you have now. Then you get to be a Commadore. ;)

EDIT: you got it LOL

AVGWarhawk
12-06-06, 11:35 AM

Oh God, I started the first whats up with Navy Dude...here I go again...am I pushing my luck?

melnibonian
12-06-06, 11:38 AM

Oh God, I started the first whats up with Navy Dude...here I go again...am I pushing my luck?
Yep :D :D :D

AVGWarhawk
12-06-06, 11:41 AM

Oh God, I started the first whats up with Navy Dude...here I go again...am I pushing my luck? Yep :D :D :D

D'oh. I guess I am!:o

IceGrog
12-06-06, 12:52 PM
I thought it had something to do with the Navy tradition of when a crew crossed the equator or something like that, I remembered my dad talking about it. The whole ship would kind of party down and the newbies would go thru a ritual like. Didn’t sound fun for the new guys.

mookiemookie
12-06-06, 01:20 PM
Dad still has his "Certificate" from when his sub crossed the Arctic Circle. It's done up like a diploma with all this funny stuff written about runny noses and whatnot. Good stuff.

Subwolf
12-06-06, 03:56 PM

What on earth was that?
Wonders how many there are of these crazy avatars...

danlisa
12-06-06, 04:03 PM

What on earth was that?
Wonders how many there are of these crazy avatars...

You'll find out at 599 posts.:yep: Quite a few, Neal's chucked them in to liven things up a bit.

Subwolf
12-06-06, 04:16 PM
Thanks for the warning, I'll better find my credit card..

bookworm_020
12-06-06, 04:55 PM
At least my medic days are behind me! The bonnet has scared me for life!:88)

AS
12-06-06, 04:58 PM
I´d certainly love to donate, problem is I´m in Europe and I don´t trust credit cards on the internet...any other way to get rid of my money (and get my own avatar in turn? Would be a great Christmas present!) Cheers, AS

Sgt Swanson
12-06-06, 05:08 PM
Set up a PayPal account. I've had one for years for shopping on E-bay. 90% of the banks in Western Europe allow it now, so you shouldn't have a problem. Once you open it it'll stay open till you close it. And you DO NOT have to keep a balance.

Sgt Swanson
12-06-06, 05:09 PM
Damn, I just burned through 3 avatars in 3 posts...:o That had to be the shortest Shore Leave anyone was on.

TarJak
12-06-06, 05:11 PM
You can use PayPal. I've used them from here in Australia for e-Bay etc and it works and I've not been ripped off (other than their extortinate fees) yet. Got the custom avatar the other night. For those interested it's a portrait of Vice Admiral Sir Guy Cecil Royale, KCB, CMG, the present First naval member of the Australian Commonwealth naval Board and Chief of the Naval Staff, who assumed control of the administration of the RAN in July 1941.

Sgt Swanson
12-06-06, 08:00 PM
I'll have to say, that tis is one of the few forums that do not allow you to either pick your own or upload your own. No worries from me though. I'm having fun just chatting with you guys.

Sgt Swanson
12-06-06, 08:01 PM
Ok, now I'm curious. Let's see what post #80 gives me.

Nada... Oh well. Is there someplace that tells you what avatars go with what post counts?

Reece
12-06-06, 08:19 PM
Yes I was shocked when I got mine,:o but I thought I'd better play the part so I grabbed my wifes purse, & walked around with a limp wrist for a while.:D (oo la la).

THE_MASK
12-06-06, 09:17 PM
I carnt see any silly avatars.

nikimcbee
12-06-06, 11:32 PM
What are you talking about? My avatar rules:rock: :gulp:

danlisa
12-07-06, 04:24 AM
Ok, now I'm curious. Let's see what post #80 gives me.

Nada... Oh well. Is there someplace that tells you what avatars go with what post counts?
Nope, it's a surprise.

Besides, you only have a 'silly' avatar for 1 or 2 post counts then it's gone. It's just unfortunate if for some reason you don't realise that you have one and don't then post for awhile.:rotfl:

Subwolf
12-07-06, 11:50 AM
Exactly...sometimes I'm gone for a week, and I don't wanna leave this forum with an avatar looking like I'm ready to sell myself..

Danlisa you should be happy with your current avatar, but you look kinda old tho :rotfl: