PDA

View Full Version : SHIV in port

_Seth_
10-31-06, 08:32 AM
I think this maybe shold be on the wishlist, but anyway...
I hope SHIV concentrate more about the time spend in port. Like, when medals are given to the crew members, there could be some animated sermony. And i also would like the opportunity to "speak" (interact) with other skippers, for info or updates on their last patrols, in case i'm going the same way the next time i leave for patrol (aka the nightclub feature in SH3 commander on steroids..) . They could also come with suggestions about equipment, such as flakguns, if they encountered airplanes (you get my drift, i hope). It would make the game more realistic. (consider a skipper you have "talked" alot to, suddenly goes missing on his patrol... The feeling of loosing a fellow skipper, wich helped you along the way, would add to the realism).

R1fl3M4n
10-31-06, 09:41 AM
yeah having a social life makes it all much easyer

Safe-Keeper
10-31-06, 11:45 AM
I perfectly agree:up:. Cutscenes, a feature akin to the Nightclub in SH3 Commander, and so on.

I remember the award ceremonies in TIE Fighter. Those were the greatest, they added so much to the game. In fact, all the little cutscenes did.

Respenus
10-31-06, 05:30 PM
And that was the thing in SH3 as well. There were no ceremonies, but you got cinematic scenes when you died (one for each possible reson, either no air, damage or crush depth). I also liked the scenes when you got home and went to a mission or the whole "encyclopedia" concept you had as in interview with a sailor from those times.

Social life would be great, adding more sense or that it's really there, it's not only a game!

Sulikate
11-01-06, 11:49 AM
And that was the thing in SH3 as well. There were no ceremonies, but you got cinematic scenes when you died (one for each possible reson, either no air, damage or crush depth). I also liked the scenes when you got home and went to a mission or the whole "encyclopedia" concept you had as in interview with a sailor from those times.

Social life would be great, adding more sense or that it's really there, it's not only a game!
That is something SHIII didn't have and I hope SHIV has for sure.

Respenus
11-01-06, 03:26 PM
And that was the thing in SH3 as well.

I apologise. :oops:

That should have been SH1

That is something SHIII didn't have and I hope SHIV has for sure.

Yes. A feeling that you are not the only skipper would be a great thing :up:

Soviet_Sharpshooter
11-03-06, 08:53 PM
Am i the only one who just wants to sink ships.. and not look at friendlies in ports :ping:

P_Funk
11-04-06, 03:25 AM
The point is to privide a broader experience. Obviously making the social or ceremonial aspect as simple as it being additional, like reading a briefing before a mission in an FPS would make it easy for everybody. You can jump in or go for the full immersion.

I for one hope there is more organic social and news oriented play. Like being able to get a feel for how the war is going. Knowing when you had a big victory or something.

Oh and I'm probably the only guy to ask for a better fatigue system right?;)

And of course an automated shift system that you can manage. Not just a rigid one but one that lets you create as many shifts as you like. Like you can create time parameters for the shifts and can have a 3 shift rotation with 8 hour runs or four 6 hours shifts. And make as MANY as you like. And have custom shift options, like a surfaced torpedo attack and an air attack shift. All easily selectable.

And maybe so that you can have separate shift rotaions for separate compartments. Like the engine crew would obviously need to be changed more often than the Command crew. And you can then change the Bridge rotations on the fly if a storm starts without having to change everything else (this last one is an Atlantic thingy so the Pacific won't have this problem much will it).

Basically I want to have as much leeway with my crew management as any commander would.

Also that kind of customizable crew management would make it very easy to add a different fatigue system without having issues.

Soviet_Sharpshooter
11-04-06, 06:15 AM
Being able to scroll over more then one crew member at a time and move a bunch of them would definatley be enough to satisfy me :damn:

Safe-Keeper
11-04-06, 09:14 AM
Read the interviews. That's already in.

Back on topic, anyone?

Am i the only one who just wants to sink ships.. and not look at friendlies in ports Yes.

Reading the briefing in FPS seems a bit too much to me, but I think there should be something more than what it is now.