PDA

View Full Version : 10 Worst games of all time

SUBMAN1
10-26-06, 02:30 PM
Not sure I agree with this entire list (Prince of Persia, Warrior Within for example), but some of the games on here deserve to be here (Daikantana).

-S

http://www.pcworld.com/article/id,127579-page,1/article.html

Konovalov
10-26-06, 03:02 PM
Daikantana. Now there is a title from a good 5-10 years back. All that I can remember about that game was the hype. :down:

SUBMAN1
10-26-06, 04:00 PM
Daikantana. Now there is a title from a good 5-10 years back. All that I can remember about that game was the hype. :down:

Yeah, all we heard for 3 years was about how good it was going to be. Turned out to be a flop.

Could be worse - Duke Nukem!

3DRealms did pull Prey out finially, though besides walking on the ceiling, had not a whole lot to offer and was way too easy.

-S

HunterICX
10-26-06, 05:03 PM
:hmm: My little bro has it on the Ps2 all 3 Prince of Persia games
and I disagree what the article has to say about it.

for example the music? so what..that extreme back ground music really gets you into some nice hack and slash moments...

SUBMAN1
10-26-06, 05:08 PM

for example the music? so what..that extreme back ground music really gets you into some nice hack and slash moments...

My thoughts exactly.

Syxx_Killer
10-26-06, 06:41 PM
I could have almost guessed what the #1 was going to be. It never gets old to see what people think are the worst games of all time. Even though the lists might differ, but for the most part they almost always agree that the #1 worst game ever is ET The Extraterrestrial. I never played the game and I guess I should be thankful. Heck, I never even had an Atari. I started with a NES.

Sulikate
10-26-06, 07:06 PM

My thoughts exactly.
I play them on the Gamecube. I agree with both of you.

NeonSamurai
10-27-06, 05:13 AM
Heh i remember ET the video game for atari. Actualy it wasnt all that horrible, but it was somewhat painfull and didnt make any sense vs the movie, but then what do you expect back in those days ;)

SUBMAN1
10-27-06, 11:48 AM
Heh i remember ET the video game for atari. Actualy it wasnt all that horrible, but it was somewhat painfull and didnt make any sense vs the movie, but then what do you expect back in those days ;)

ALmost all games for the 2600 was bad (with some notible exceptions being Activision titles), but we didn't care because we would take anything we could get back then!!!

P_Funk
11-04-06, 11:03 PM
Super Columbine Massacre RPG

HAHAHA that's funny. Sadistic AND funny. Bad form has never been more obvious.

Grayback
11-08-06, 03:42 PM
The "Hunt For Red October" PC game of 1988. I got this game as I was about to leave for overseas study, so it took me a year before I could resume trying to get past the first few minutes of play - only to discover how pointless any effort was given how incomprehensible some of the instruments were, how user-friendly the game interface wasn't and how every time you died, the program would break into an overloud rendition of what I think was the Soviet nat'l anthem in MIDI (it was the same song that they sang in the movie and also in Rock IV).

I'd also toss in "Nocturne" and the PC game adaptaqtions of "Blair Witch" - though I never played Nocturne or any of the BW games other than "Rustin Parr", I hear that they use the same game engibe. Game play is slow, and while I knew it was a 3rd person game, I didn't know that the perspective wasn't fixed on the player. Instead, the player walks across the screen, and the scene then shifts - no matter what could happen at the outset of the next scene. It also made it needlessly more complicated to do simple things like open doors or pick up large sharep sticks.

SUBMAN1
11-08-06, 03:50 PM
The "Hunt For Red October" PC game of 1988. I got this game as I was about to leave for overseas study, so it took me a year before I could resume trying to get past the first few minutes of play - only to discover how pointless any effort was given how incomprehensible some of the instruments were, how user-friendly the game interface wasn't and how every time you died, the program would break into an overloud rendition of what I think was the Soviet nat'l anthem in MIDI (it was the same song that they sang in the movie and also in Rock IV).

I'd also toss in "Nocturne" and the PC game adaptaqtions of "Blair Witch" - though I never played Nocturne or any of the BW games other than "Rustin Parr", I hear that they use the same game engibe. Game play is slow, and while I knew it was a 3rd person game, I didn't know that the perspective wasn't fixed on the player. Instead, the player walks across the screen, and the scene then shifts - no matter what could happen at the outset of the next scene. It also made it needlessly more complicated to do simple things like open doors or pick up large sharep sticks.

I liked the hunt for red october and was quite good at it too!

NeonSamurai
11-09-06, 10:20 AM
Ugh im sorry but hunt for red october was a horribly bad game. Give me Red storm rising any day over that game :p

Grayback
11-09-06, 10:54 AM

I liked the hunt for red october and was quite good at it too!

I was quite good at it too, as well. Once you figure out the basic trick, you can race for the east coast and just follow the plot of the book - only you're necessarily missing out the parts of the book that have nothing to do with what happens on the RO itself. All that stuff about reading the weird bottom-topography map, the Caterpillar drive, the torpedo FC - all of that stuff was irrelevant because you could just crank the power out and just race across the Atlantic. And because the game was based only on the plot of the book (rather than have you serve out campaigns or missions on RO that might involve nukes) and only on the perspective of the RO (how about letting you play Dallas or Konavalev?) its replayability was nil.

Heer Kapitain
11-15-06, 05:13 AM
I never even had an Atari.

OMG:o you never had one Syxx Killer, the last time I'd played on my Atari was 25 yrs ago and playing River Raid.

Tachyon
11-28-06, 03:32 AM
I never even had an Atari.
OMG:o you never had one Syxx Killer, the last time I'd played on my Atari was 25 yrs ago and playing River Raid.

Omfg River Raid???:o . I loved that game though i sucked at it.

And Red Storm Rising is definitely a good title.....nice to see u affect the war.

Kapitan_Phillips
12-10-06, 06:14 PM
Not sure I agree with this entire list (Prince of Persia, Warrior Within for example), but some of the games on here deserve to be here (Daikantana).

-S

http://www.pcworld.com/article/id,127579-page,1/article.html

Hang on, PC World compiling a list of the worst games of all time? Hypocrits! XP

-EDIT- Oh, I thought that was the computer store heh