PDA

View Full Version : Jane's Fleet Command Compatibility Issues

Safe-Keeper
08-29-06, 08:09 AM
I just bought Jane's Fleet Command from a used games store (for next to nothing), and I can't install it (the game says setup.exe is "not a valid win32 application"):-?.

How can I get it to run on Windows XP?

SkvyWvr
08-29-06, 08:16 AM
I just bought Jane's Fleet Command from a used games store (for next to nothing), and I can't install it (the game says setup.exe is "not a valid win32 application"):-?.

How can I get it to run on Windows XP?

I had it running on my system. I you have to install a winxp patch. I downloaded it from sonoanylist (spelling is probably wrong).

The correct spelling is Sonalysts

bradclark1
08-29-06, 08:23 AM
Read and download.
http://forums.navalwarfare.org/showthread.php?t=29

TteFAboB
08-29-06, 04:15 PM
Save the game VERY OFTEN! anyway.

I haven't played it in a long time, but the game would crash on me every 5 or 10 minutes or so, depending on the scenario, in WinXP. Get a stop watch, set it to 5 minutes with auto-repeat and keep saving every time it beeps, or rings, depending on your technological level.

Safe-Keeper
08-31-06, 04:13 PM
Thanks a lot, that really helped. It's a great game, too. 29 NOK ('bout $4) well spent (I bought the game used):up:.

Gawd, how the thing reminds me of the Dangerous Waters demo:o.

I haven't played it in a long time, but the game would crash on me every 5 or 10 minutes or so, depending on the scenario, in WinXP. Get a stop watch, set it to 5 minutes with auto-repeat and keep saving every time it beeps, or rings, depending on your technological level.It's not crashed on me yet, after all the tutorials and half of the first campaign mission:-?.

Ares52
11-02-12, 07:58 AM
For some wierd reason, I'm getting the same error for the game itself on Windows 7. I can install, but when I try to play, it'll bring up the "Is not a valid Win32 application" error for Fleet Commander.exe. Any help please?

Sorry for the major necro-post, but I just got the game and am having a lot of trouble.

Sonarman
11-02-12, 08:21 AM
The Win XP patch (http://download.cnet.com/Jane-s-Fleet-Command-Windows-2000-XP-Install-Patch/3000-2121_4-10282788.html) mentioned above should hopefully solve that Win32 issue, additionally I experienced some in-game slowdowns to solve those issues...

Try running the game in compatibility mode for Vista sp2 and add the following switches to the end of the fleet command short cut:
-skipopening -noreplay

Once in the game try pressing ctrl+v a couple of times which helped me with the graphic slowdown I was experiencing.

These tips worked for me on the SCS (Sonalysts) version they may not work on the original EA/ Janes version. If you are still having problems you could try a glide wrapper such as NGlide (http://www.zeus-software.com/downloads/nglide) to emulate the old Voodoo graphics cards which were prevalent at the games original release. A disadvantage of this method is that your resolution may be more limited to around 800x600.