PDA

View Full Version : Any T-72 Editing available?

turnerg
08-25-06, 08:51 AM
I was snooping in the Balkans on fire folder, and i was puzzled that i couldnt find any textures for the vehicles, terrain, etc. however, i found references to such files in the datapack.dc file in the data directory. Does anyone know if there is a program to decompile/recompile those types of files? if not, could someone rig up an extractor similar to the one we had for sh2?

the format of the file would be a .cd file. open it with a hex editor, you'll see subfolder references etc.

Skybird
08-25-06, 04:13 PM
Cannot answer your question, sorry, don't know anyone who plays it any longer. Just my (usual) advise that it will not hurt you to switch to SBP. If you are a tanker, this one is for you. Still wait to see someone objecting to that as a realistic simulation it is superior to BoF in all regards. T72 not crewable, though, but planned to be turned into a crewable one (or the T80).

turnerg
08-25-06, 06:56 PM
For the moment, t-72's what i've got.... so why not mess with it???:arrgh!:
surely it wouldnt be too bad if i just touched some of the textures up a bit.... or alot...

sb pro's on the list, but then again, Marines dont make that much, and I've got a REAL porsche to fix..... It's gonna have to wait for now.;)

I just want a REAL GOOD ww2 tanksim, both fronts, where i can set up shop in my Jagdpanther and lie in wait for a column of shermans or cromwells, and wreak havoc with my single tank, or get on line with a whole army ot Tigers against the Commies.

Alas, most games only focus on like 2 tanks.....I'd settle for 2d interiors so to speak, if it allows easy adding in of new tanks and vehicles....

Mmmmmm, Elefant.....

Skybird
08-26-06, 05:00 PM
For the moment, t-72's what i've got.... so why not mess with it???:arrgh!:
surely it wouldnt be too bad if i just touched some of the textures up a bit.... or alot...

sb pro's on the list, but then again, Marines dont make that much, and I've got a REAL porsche to fix..... It's gonna have to wait for now.;)

I just want a REAL GOOD ww2 tanksim, both fronts, where i can set up shop in my Jagdpanther and lie in wait for a column of shermans or cromwells, and wreak havoc with my single tank, or get on line with a whole army ot Tigers against the Commies.

Alas, most games only focus on like 2 tanks.....I'd settle for 2d interiors so to speak, if it allows easy adding in of new tanks and vehicles....

Mmmmmm, Elefant.....
I recommend then you leave the Marine Corps, change nationality and enter the Australian armed services. Their tankers get their copies for free, paid by the government. :smug:

turnerg
08-28-06, 01:57 PM
WEll, changing nationality's out... but I COULD change jobs and get my hands on a REAL tank:hmm: