PDA

View Full Version : x64?

castorp345
08-25-06, 07:20 AM
does anyone have any information/thoughts/opinions as to whether sh4 will be x64 compatible 'out of the box'? i managed (with much difficulty that i can't discuss here) to get my beloved sh3 running on my (one and only) x64 rig, but'd hate to think that i'm going to have to go through all that again when sh4 comes out... :-?

your comments please, ladies and germs!

cheers
hc

StanUK
08-25-06, 07:25 AM
I would be interested in this aswell. I didnt have too many problems installing SH3 on X64 but ya would be great to hear it will be X64 compliant.

I would also like to know if its going to be bundled with that Starforce again.. :/

Stan.

fredbass
08-25-06, 07:26 AM
I certainly hope it will be 64bit ready. I really don't want to have to use "unapproved files" to get it working again.

HunterICX
08-25-06, 08:18 AM
:hmm: I think so , normally New games will be 64Bit compitable..
If not...then why have they ever created an 64Bit system...

fredbass
08-25-06, 07:34 PM
Plus, with Vista coming out in the near future, many more people will be getting 64bit, so it would seem a must.

edit: hmmm, many more?? oh well, I'll leave it that way because I'm just different. ;)

GT182
08-27-06, 02:04 PM
Ubi says it will not be using StarForce in their new games. I haven't bought any yet so I can't confirm that. What I have heard tho is that the new copy protection is just as bad if not worse that SF. And that came from a very reliable sourse that is testing a new OS beta and new games out after SF was dropped.