PDA

View Full Version : silent hunter 4 system requirements

ober lt lare
08-23-06, 08:59 PM
hello i was wondering i have a pentuim 4 pc with 2.53 processor and i upgraded the ram on the computer and i have a g force graphics card if silent hunter e plays just fine on my computer will i have a problem running silent hunter 4 on mine does anyone know what the system requirements are and if they will work on my system

ober lt lare

bookworm_020
08-23-06, 10:18 PM
I'm interested too, I just bought a second hand pentium 4 3.0 processor and 128 MB graphics card (i will be upgrading memory from 512MB to 2GB in the near future). I bought this computer with SH3 in mind.:lol:

I'd hate to see that it wouldn't be able to play SH4:damn:

Gizzmoe
08-23-06, 11:58 PM
If you guys wanna know if itīs likely that your system can run SH4 ok you need to post more details about your system. "I have a Geforce card" or "I have a 128MB card" isnīt enough, since it says nothing about the speed of the cards.

To find out the exact model of the card use dxdiag (Start, Run, dxdiag) and click the Display tab. Look for the name, chiptype and amount of memory and post that information here.

But even then itīs actually too early to say if that card would run ok or not even in "worst-case" situations (lots of explosions, convoy attacks), we simply donīt know yet how many of the new, enhanced graphics features can be turned off or down.

STEED
08-24-06, 04:11 AM
No problem running SH3 but what about SH4?

Card name: RADEON X300 Series
Chip type: RADEON X300 SE (0x5B60)
Display Memory: 128.0 MB

I think I may need to upgrade from this. :hmm: Any ideas or I am I OK. Granted it's abit early for the SH4 specs.

My PC is coming up on two years old.

Gizzmoe
08-24-06, 04:22 AM
To put it mildly, the X300SE is a horrible card! :) You really should upgrade it before getting SH4. At the time SH4 comes out the first DirectX10 cards will be out, that means you can then get a very good DirectX9 card for a relatively low price.

STEED
08-24-06, 05:18 AM
Thanks Gizmoe, I don't play many games and never had any problems. I shall upgrade some time next Feb/Mar hopefully before SH4 comes out. :up:

TDK1044
08-24-06, 05:47 AM
Ubisoft know that 90 percent of their customers are not going to upgrade their computer in order to facilitate the requirements of a specific game, only hard core simmers would do that, not the vast majority of folks who see the game at 'Best Buy' and purchase it. I believe you'll need at least 1 Gig of system RAM to run SH1V with 2 Gigs being recommended, and a video card with at least 128 MB of RAM, with 256MB recommended. I think a P4 processor of 2.0 or higher will be required.

Kapitan_Phillips
08-24-06, 06:13 AM
I really hope Silent Hunter IV isnt going to need a huge amount to work well. I spent about Ģ200 on upgrades just to play the third one ;)

I should be getting a new 256MB GeForce soon, and an extra 512MB RAM, so I should be okay. :up:

cappy70
08-24-06, 09:36 AM
You'll probably be able to scale the settings up and down as usual and make it run fine,,only thing that I can see that will need some "muscle" no matter what might be big battle sequences and heavy time compression,,just my 2 cents:arrgh!:

JSF
08-25-06, 12:06 AM
You'll probably be able to scale the settings up and down as usual and make it run fine,,only thing that I can see that will need some "muscle" no matter what might be big battle sequences and heavy time compression,,just my 2 cents:arrgh!:

2 X 7800s.........sweet!

Immacolata
08-27-06, 06:23 AM
Thanks Gizmoe, I don't play many games and never had any problems. I shall upgrade some time next Feb/Mar hopefully before SH4 comes out. :up:

Why don't you wait till after SH4 is out? Then you will most likely get a better deal and you can check which card people reports as good.