PDA

View Full Version : Sub Interior

buck28
07-31-06, 05:26 PM
I really like the idea some of the guys mentioned about having more compartments opened up in the sub's interior. I love to go from compartment to compartment, but we are so limited. It would be nice to get to the rear berthing compartment via the engine room. Also the forward berthing compartment, etc. All with the 3D crewmen in each compartment would be nice; even in the coning tower. I'd like to have water sloshing around my feet when flooding as well. Oh well, enough dreaming for now.:hmm:

http://home.mchsi.com/~buck28/schultze4.jpg
Schultze U-48

wetwarev7
08-09-06, 09:57 AM
I agree! I spent a while making my own mod that disabled all the 'jump to' keys so I actually had to use the mouse to travel throughout the ship. Actually adds a bit more excitement when under attack for me. :D

no more jumping from hydrophones to nav map to periscope for me!

More compartments (and more freedom of movement (WASD keys please)) for SHIV!

Oh! and when a depth charge goes off closeby, I want to get thrown to the floor by gosh! :up:

rcs929
08-09-06, 12:30 PM
I agree! I spent a while making my own mod that disabled all the 'jump to' keys so I actually had to use the mouse to travel throughout the ship. Actually adds a bit more excitement when under attack for me. :D

Oh! and when a depth charge goes off closeby, I want to get thrown to the floor by gosh! :up:

does the boat still rock around for you? When I have used the shift-F2 i can free roam but then the boat doesn't move with the waves.

wetwarev7
08-10-06, 10:36 AM

does the boat still rock around for you? When I have used the shift-F2 i can free roam but then the boat doesn't move with the waves.

Actually I don't use the shift F2 free roam camera, so yes, the boats still rocks...:rock:

rcs929
08-10-06, 07:31 PM
Wetwarev, since you have modified your game as such could you take a look at this post & possibly give me any insight how to do this? :hmm:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=96718

I like to manually move around as well and I don't care for the the station-to-station approach but am forced to because of stations like the periscope station. :down: I use SHIII 1.4b, Grey Wolves & SH3 Commander 2.6.

Rilder
08-11-06, 12:22 AM
He hasnt modified his game, just go to your command room, move your mouse around to the hatch like spots and click, one takes you to the radio room the other gives you a view of the aft command room, right click to go back, also hover your view up till you see a hatch hover over it and go up then move your mouse over the tublier thing in the middle and boom periscope... you can also hang out in your captains bunk

Trout
08-24-06, 09:35 AM
I'm kind of sad that they wont be expanding this part of the game. I think that LOTS of people would like more interior axcess and a difficulty level that forces you to use more of the 3d interface and prevents station jumping.

Sombody suggested a "sliding" option where clicking on a station would move your eyepoint to that location at walk/run speed, and then (this is important), allow you to control the station entirely using the mouse. This is similar to what exists in MS flight sim, where you can use your mouse to actually click the various cockpit controls. It is VERY immersive.

I would like to see, in particular, the wardroom modeled. THis is where you would go to review maps, charts and intel data. From this station you could also give special unique commands like:

-order extra rations (improves morale)
-decorate or promote a crewman
-check status and plan of longer term repairs (basically like a senior crew conference to delegate jobs)
-Use very high level time compression
-judge morale level of crew (are guys hanging around wardroom, is there sombody playing cards, is the radio on, do you hear ambient chit chat, or is the room vacant -not a good sign)
-are officers and NCOs studying manuals there (education and testing never stopped while on patrol)

THe wardroom was the social hub of the submarine and there are a great many tasks the captain could perform there that would be fun and unique