PDA

View Full Version : Oblivion Natural Mod screenshots

SUBMAN1
06-18-06, 06:32 PM
Figured I'd share what the Natural mod looks like. I have 1 big gripe with it though in that it seems to forget what kind of weather it is supposed to display upon leaving a building or cave. You step outside and it is totally raining, but instandly it is sunlight and no clouds. It is kind of annoying.

-S

Forests get rather full and you can get lost in the woods:
http://img113.imageshack.us/img113/4128/screenshot487tb.jpg

The deeper you get into the forests, the bigger the trees get. This ones a monster:
http://img158.imageshack.us/img158/4118/screenshot492mh.jpg

The deeper you get, no light or sky shins through the canopy:
http://img158.imageshack.us/img158/2794/screenshot505zi.jpg

The lighting effects look even better for Dawn and Dusk:
http://img158.imageshack.us/img158/200/screenshot564du.jpg

Just way more ambience to a game already full of it:
http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/5796/screenshot602my.jpg

tedhealy
06-19-06, 12:58 PM
Figured I'd share what the Natural mod looks like. I have 1 big gripe with it though in that it seems to forget what kind of weather it is supposed to display upon leaving a building or cave. You step outside and it is totally raining, but instandly it is sunlight and no clouds. It is kind of annoying.

The rapid weather changing is apparently being fixed by the mod author.

SUBMAN1
06-19-06, 02:37 PM
The rapid weather changing is apparently being fixed by the mod author.

Cool! That would make the mod one of the best mods available I'd guess.

-S

Skybird
06-19-06, 04:02 PM
Subman,enter "tm" in the console toggles between menues on and off. Worth to consider for the many screenshots you do. :lol:Radeon is gone, 6600GS is coming. Soon will be in Oblivion business again. One thing I noticed with the Radeon. with 1280x1024 res, AA and AF 2x, maximum details, I got frames in the range of 32-42, which is totally palyable, of course. But these dropped to 15-20 when I had added all the tweaks that are recommended in tweak guides that are meant to make it look better. No surprise, but since it sometimes is said that this or that setting helps to increase fps a bit, or avoid stuttering, this drop in frames maybe is worth to be kept in mind.I will not try the weather mod (altjhough it is tempting), until the other does no say in advance that he plans to bring out another patch or new release.Is rthe EU-patch only for english-language european versions of Oblivion, or for german ones, too? I found information that sometime said this, somethis said that. Haven'T used the patch so far, therefore.

SUBMAN1
06-19-06, 04:27 PM
Subman,enter "tm" in the console toggles between menues on and off. Worth to consider for the many screenshots you do. :lol:Radeon is gone, 6600GS is coming. Soon will be in Oblivion business again. One thing I noticed with the Radeon. with 1280x1024 res, AA and AF 2x, maximum details, I got frames in the range of 32-42, which is totally palyable, of course. But these dropped to 15-20 when I had added all the tweaks that are recommended in tweak guides that are meant to make it look better. No surprise, but since it sometimes is said that this or that setting helps to increase fps a bit, or avoid stuttering, this drop in frames maybe is worth to be kept in mind.I will not try the weather mod (altjhough it is tempting), until the other does no say in advance that he plans to bring out another patch or new release.Is rthe EU-patch only for english-language european versions of Oblivion, or for german ones, too? I found information that sometime said this, somethis said that. Haven'T used the patch so far, therefore.

Why did you get rid of the 5900 in favor of the 6600? Isn't the 5900 faster? You need a 6800 to compete with the speed of the x850.

-S

PS. I'll turn the menus off for you next time! :P

Skybird
06-19-06, 05:46 PM
Sorry, yes, i meant a 6800GS.

SUBMAN1
06-19-06, 07:55 PM
Sorry, yes, i meant a 6800GS.

Good! :)

SUBMAN1
06-19-06, 07:57 PM

I don't think the language matters on the Texture based patches. Only one I'd worry about is like the BT mod, but then again, it probably only changes the size of things and not the fonts. I could be wrong though.

Blade
06-07-07, 08:27 PM

Subman1, would this be the "Natural Environments v2.1.2" mod?

EDIT: sorry, didn't realise that this post was a year old..... but still I've looked for a mod called "Natural" and the only one that comes up is the Natural Environments one.

Cheers.

bradclark1
06-07-07, 08:44 PM
Wow! Having an older laptop is depressing.:cry:

Camaero
06-07-07, 08:51 PM
Looks damn good! I might have to pick up Oblivion again.

SUBMAN1
06-07-07, 11:50 PM

Subman1, would this be the "Natural Environments v2.1.2" mod?

EDIT: sorry, didn't realise that this post was a year old..... but still I've looked for a mod called "Natural" and the only one that comes up is the Natural Environments one.

Cheers.

Dunno what the current one is called. That's been a while since I played that game.

-S

Oberon
06-08-07, 12:08 PM
Wow! Having an older laptop is depressing.:cry:

Amen to that... :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Packerton
06-08-07, 09:29 PM
Makeing an awesome game even better. :up: