PDA

View Full Version : Hostile subs won't attack in missions I've created?

peteuplink
06-14-06, 08:42 AM
I've been trying to create some missions for practicing my combat and evasion tactics. I thought it would be a good idea to create 1 on 1 sub combat missions... The probnlem is the hostile subs I create in the missions aren't attacking me. They'll defend themselves and try to evade if I launch torpedos at them, but they wont fire back at me. I've set up the mission so the hostile sub has my sub as a target and is on a transit waypoints tactic. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

FERdeBOER
06-14-06, 10:47 AM
First, the AI is not very agressive in the stock game.
The LWAmi mod makes the AI much challenging.

But make sure you and the enemy sub are on different sides and at war.

And maybe is a good idea to create a script that forces the enemy sub to engage you.

Miika
06-14-06, 12:29 PM
If you use "transit" tactic, the platform will only travel through the allocated waypoints; it won't attack any hostile targets. (Though it will avoid torpedoes etc.)

Use "transit search" for the effect you want; this way the platform will (should) travel along the waypoints, until it detects a target, which it will then attack. All the other tactics (apart from "transit") also have the same effect.

I totally agree with FERdeBOER about the LWAMI mod:up:

Miika

peteuplink
06-14-06, 03:22 PM
Ahh, that's what was wrong. Cheers Miika...

FERdeBOER
06-14-06, 03:25 PM
If you use "transit" tactic, the platform will only travel through the allocated waypoints; it won't attack any hostile targets. (Though it will avoid torpedoes etc.)

I didn't know that, thanks! :up:

OKO
06-19-06, 09:15 AM

Use "transit search" for the effect you want; this way the platform will (should) travel along the waypoints, until it detects a target, which it will then attack. All the other tactics (apart from "transit") also have the same effect.

I totally agree with FERdeBOER about the LWAMI mod:up:

Miika

and if you want a very agressive reaction, use Miika description + a trigger and a script =>

Trigger :
automatic
all timer 00:00:00
if [SSK] detect [yourship] with ANY then fire trigger
run script SSKattack

Script :
name : SSKattack
[SSK] engage [yourship] with best weapon for 90000sec

This way, as soon as the ennemy SSK will detect you, he will engage you.

In fact, when you use the engage script, the concerned AI instantly receive the exact position of the target.
If you use it only when the concerned SSK have already detected you, what you do is to accelerate the engagment process and to give the SSK an agressive attitude.
It's kinda cheat for AI, but AI is only AI ... and some harder opposition is sometimes welcome isn't it ?

OKO
06-19-06, 09:18 AM
Also, with a detection trigger, you could create some dynamic group, creating new SSKs or even aircraft patrol, as soon as (or even with a timer) your ship was detected.

LuftWolf
06-19-06, 08:46 PM
Ah, excellent... I am considering also giving the AI slightly better sensors than the player, because right now the AI waits some time to engage, upon POSID if left alone, although of course there is a way for this to be done in mission design.

I don't know... increasing the AI engagement range may go against the new weapon changes. Hmm... there is a lot that can be done in mission design. Perhaps I'll leave it as is now.

LuftWolf
06-20-06, 01:26 AM
Ah, but since they aren't even reporting the detections until they get a POSID, I can make this change and it will have the desired effects all round.

Ok, I will increase the sensitivity of the AI sensors a bit. :)

LuftWolf
06-20-06, 01:26 AM
Ah, but since they aren't even reporting the detections until they get a POSID, I can make this change and it will have the desired effects all round.

Ok, I will increase the sensitivity of the AI sensors a bit. :)

Cheers,
David

Palindromeria
06-20-06, 03:31 PM
Miika hit the nail on the head for you
as an afterthgought,

<< I've set up the mission so the hostile sub has my sub as a target >>

i have not found this too have effect in terms of increasing the ai sub attitude toward attack ,
but,
it does seem to work in LIMITING the ai attack posture to the designated target alone, unless the ai sub is otherwise attacked.

Target None seems to mean attack anything and everything.

the Seawolf seems to be, by far, the most aggressive ai sub.

many of the non us / russian subs have very limited torpedo ranges
so they HAVE to get CLOSE to fire.

LOS !

sonar732
06-20-06, 04:32 PM
What happens if the OPFOR is at his extent of detection range from you when he first detects you? It would be like a noob firing an ADCAP as soon as he sees the faint 50hz tonal...some 10 miles away.

Palindromeria
06-21-06, 03:48 PM
http://www.subguru.com/DW_missions/DWSUBINFO.txt

some poor ai subs only have passive 25 kt torps with range of 6-7 miles.
which seawolf la akula easily outruns/spoofs unless attacked from close range.

in addition to the us and russian subs,

Agosta, Amethyste, Trafalgar, Harushio, Collins and any nations Kilo should be the
more effective shots based strictly on torp range / speed.