PDA

View Full Version : "Three knots, Sir!"

Rosencrantz
05-22-06, 12:56 PM
I know this sounds funny, but somehow I would like to be told when my underwater speed has come down to 3 knots after giving the "All ahead slow". I just hate to stare the speed needle before raising the scope.

-RC-

squigian
05-22-06, 01:43 PM
Intelligent crew feedback would be pretty helpful, being able to order them to relay more info on speed, heading and generally precise information.

Rosencrantz
05-22-06, 01:49 PM
Yep, and it's not just that we have some more or less valuable info. It's immersion too, I think.

-RC-

Safe-Keeper
05-23-06, 04:00 AM
Good idea. We already have depth readings, so why not?

Id like to have some ambient information, too, actually. If it's really unimportant, make it an option to turn it off or not record it in the message logs (no, I don't think you can have too many options ;) ).

TangoShadow
05-23-06, 03:42 PM
Hi,

I was thinking it would be nice to hear the NO commanding a heading change to the CE, and hear the calls to the crew and responses as they follow the instuctions/acknowledge the command. I suddenly find I'm heading West when I was heading north. Nothing from the crew to suggest we'd turned at all. :-?

I've also noticed that when I don't have a WO on duty and a contact is spotted, a note is made in the dialogue, but no one actually says anything. Only if I have a WO on duty does anyone say anything regarding contacts. :-?

--TangoShadow