PDA

View Full Version : New forum

Linton
05-06-06, 09:26 AM
Neal,I would like you to consider a new forum to discuss the scientific side of naval operations.This would encompass all naval simulations and would be a discussion forum for topics such as tactics,mathematical computation for ranging etc.I believe there are a few of us who are interested in this side of naval operations and it could also be a reference centre for the specific techniques required across most of the subsims e.g.periscope ranging etc.

Dowly
05-24-06, 02:14 AM
Actually, this sounds like a good idea. Might attract people to join Subsim too. And dont forget the ideas it would give to our modders! :up:

GreyOctober
05-24-06, 03:48 AM
In fact, sound like an excellent ideea to me. Well thought Linton :up:

GreyOctober
05-24-06, 02:47 PM
PMUB!

Linton
06-12-06, 07:13 PM
Neal,have you given this any thought?I know that sitting down here in the depths it will not get many hits but I am sure that there is a critical mass of posters who will kep it alive.To justify my belief why do you have a TANKSIM thread or allow small forums for modders only?We culd discuss technical stuff that is appropriate across all the games:D .
PS I have not got my mug yet!!!!!

Onkel Neal
06-12-06, 08:57 PM
I get quite a few suggestions for forum content, some from moderators. Unfortunately, we cannot accomodate them all. This is a good idea, I suggest we follow the same process we use for other forums: use the General Topics or Sub & Naval Books, Films, and Models (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=186) forums for these subjects. If the subjects turn out to be really popular, if the subjects get daily replies and there soon become 8, 10, 12 new topics a week, you have a basis for a new forum. :yep:

Onkel Neal
06-12-06, 08:58 PM
PS I have not got my mug yet!!!!!

Really? Arrgh, send me your address again, mate. I'll send another.