PDA

View Full Version : Okhotsk.

Bellman
04-13-06, 05:13 AM
I have sent Bill a new scenario designed for MP LwAmi Team play (2 v 2 sub) It is set in the variable ice
conditions of the Sea of Okhotsk. It features 2 modes of play ( 3 situations) and teams may choose
to play either in fully realistic or 'match' play modes. The two hour objective is tight but achievable and of
course can be adjusted by pre-game agreement.

Although created in and for LwAmi it is suitable for the 'Stock'game as platform separation is set at the outer
limit margins of LwAmi sonar performance. Generaly ;) I hope that Akers will see the patchy ice distribution.....
......... as a chance to display their skills. :D

I am indebted to SeaQueen for putting the ice in my soul. My enjoyment of Kara sparked further interest.

PS. Feedback would be very welcome on 'Time' limits particularly as the triggers wont be fully implemented
until we see how the 2 hour limit suits the general player. :oops: :o

Kapitan
04-13-06, 05:58 AM
May me you sea queen and another be the first to test such a mission ?

Bellman
04-13-06, 06:07 AM
Hi Kapitain,

Hope you will play it and it proves a little enjoyable. :D

It would be great to give it a run but my SW puts us on opposite teams. :hulk: ;)

Kapitan
04-13-06, 06:12 AM
Good im a little rusty havnt been under ice for a long time, infact kara sea was the last time.

Im going to play the kara sea again i think, i enjoyed that emensly.

Bill Nichols
04-13-06, 07:11 AM
Will be up soon at my site. (gotta get home from work, first)

Bellman
04-13-06, 07:28 AM
:D :|\ :rock:

SeaQueen
04-14-06, 06:55 PM
I am indebted to SeaQueen for putting the ice in my soul. My enjoyment of Kara sparked further interest.

Good im a little rusty havnt been under ice for a long time, infact kara sea was the last time.

Im going to play the kara sea again i think, i enjoyed that emensly.

Heh, I can't tell you guys how happy I am that you enjoyed the scenario. I'm still surprised that as many people seem to be psycho enough to want to spend 12-20 hours looking for a pair of submarines.

SeaQueen
04-14-06, 06:58 PM
May me you sea queen and another be the first to test such a mission ?

:huh: Why me?

MaHuJa
04-14-06, 11:35 PM
I'm still surprised that as many people seem to be psycho enough to want to spend 12-20 hours looking for a pair of submarines.

3.5 hours, game time. By then I was tracking both subs with my torpedoes on the way.

LuftWolf
04-15-06, 01:29 AM
No matter what the game, there will ALWAYS be a high demand for quality scenarios, SQ. :know: :up:

Bellman
04-15-06, 05:51 AM
:lol: Kap - What a nice guy - quid pro quo ? ;)

Its a cynical 'ole world ! :dead:

;) :-j

SeaQueen
04-15-06, 08:56 AM
I'm still surprised that as many people seem to be psycho enough to want to spend 12-20 hours looking for a pair of submarines.

3.5 hours, game time. By then I was tracking both subs with my torpedoes on the way.

Good for you. Personally, I don't like to shoot until I can get broadband on the sphere.

Bellman
04-16-06, 05:10 AM
:D Pleased to say MaHuJa has cooperated in producing Okhostk 2 which is specificaly and exclusively for
LwAmi. It is under test and will be released soon.

MaHuJas wizardry and technical skills will help us achieve an enhanced product. Thank you MHJ. :|\

Kapitan
04-20-06, 08:27 AM
Few minor issue's but other than that the mission is great, typhoons dont operate in the pacific where the mission is set in if its realism youde be looking for a Delta III SSBN however its not in game so id settle for Delta IV.

Bellman
04-20-06, 09:11 AM
Thanks -consider it done then - Delta 1V for the next release - Okhotsk 2 . :up: :cool:

Still testing but the new releases will have a seperate scenario with a reversal of positions -
Red starts to the South of OA in clearer water giving them more opportunities for missile deployment
while the Blues are able to utilise more ice cover ! ;)
Severe operational penalties have been setup for hitting the by-pass routes to the east and West of OA. :o

Also finalising a LwAmi Group muti-platform MP scenario set in the Phillipines with an interesting switch or two.......
if, no thats when, MaHuJa works his magic ! :yep:

Kapitan
04-20-06, 09:20 AM
Stand by for my full report bellman, it will be on its way in about 5 to 10 mins

Bellman
04-27-06, 07:15 AM
Okhotsk 2 despatched to Bill.

MaHuJa cooperated with me in these four versions, with Stock and LwAmi variants and new
reversed starting positions giving Blue North of the OA. Each variant has 3 modes of play. 12 options !

If there is demand for controllable Boomers we can respond.