PDA

View Full Version : SOS in the clear

GlowwormGuy
04-12-06, 03:17 AM
Did anyone figure out how to get the MUTEX to work? I'd like to try making a mission with like 3 or 4 different variants so you don't know at the start of the scenario what you have to do. In like 1 or 2 of the variants the player is just assigned a different destination but in 1 he has to fight against the allies and in another he has to fight against the Germans.

Mountbatten

Hitman
04-19-06, 03:39 PM
You can't MUTEX objectives, but you can hide them and made them be trigged when the player arrives to a certain location. So you can mutex 3x the player unit and have 3x different objectives, each one tied to the starting position of each of the 3 possible player units. So when mission starts, the unit randomly chosen for you (All three can be the same type if you want the player to have always the same ship, and in campaign mode the game forces that anyway) will trigger its own objective.

Hope that helps :up:

GlowwormGuy
04-19-06, 09:33 PM
Thanks for the hints on the objectives Hitman, though I can't figure out how to have different sets of enemy units. The problem is also I kind of want the player not to know which side he'll be fighting for at the start. It's set at the time when the Italians surrender in 1943.

Mountbatten

horsa
04-20-06, 05:49 AM
I kind of want the player not to know which side he'll be fighting for at the start. It's set at the time when the Italians surrender in 1943.

LOL , Only GlowwwormGuy could think of that angle ;)

GlowwormGuy
04-21-06, 03:26 AM
Staying in the box can get so boring sometimes hehehe! :lol:

Mountbatten

CBDR
04-21-06, 08:23 PM
GlowwormGuy,

Another take on the same theme would be some of the naval actions that took place during the Spanish Civil War. Are you with Franco or with the Republicans? Many of the ships that fought on both sides were very British like, thus many units are mostly available.

Perhaps Hitman could have something further to add on this.

Anyway, best of luck,

GlowwormGuy
04-22-06, 09:39 PM
Yeah I was exploring the theme for quite some time. Actually yeah many were modified British designs. The Canarias & Baleares were actually modified from the County design (but with a Mogami/Warspite style single trunkcated funnel). The smaller ships were close the British E Class cruisers (which aren't in the game at all though). I actually had a scenario for Cape Palmas kicking around somewhere before but I was frustrated by not being able to modify the ships to look the right way.

Anyways, its part of my big thank you to the Italian modding group for their new units. Can anyone say FRITZ X?

:cool:
Mountbatten