PDA

View Full Version : My idea of SH4

THE_MASK
04-07-06, 03:03 PM
My idea of SH4 would be that its a huge addon for SH3 . Does this make sense or what .

CCIP
04-07-06, 03:08 PM
I don't really think so. They will definitely use the same engine, but they have plenty of incentives to change, improve and add source code to the game. I know for a fact that the devs are monitoring this forum, and if they'd noted anything of the major suggestions - they'll know enough to add some serious program changes. :yep:

THE_MASK
04-07-06, 04:08 PM
Hmmmmm , they would be silly not to get customer feedback , IE reading forums . I agree with you that it will be a complete new game but i still would have liked to have seen SH3 expanded by SH4 .

CCIP
04-07-06, 04:12 PM
I'd actually like the opposite :P

That is, make the data from SHIII usable by the new source code for SHIV, so that we'd get an improved engine (AI and such included) for the same Atlantic campaign :yep:

THE_MASK
04-07-06, 04:17 PM
OK...............I dont know anything about game design but that sounds good . Has any game deleloper ever done this ?

CCIP
04-07-06, 04:22 PM
OK...............I dont know anything about game design but that sounds good . Has any game deleloper ever done this ?

Yea, the Forgotten/Pacific Fighters games are rather like that :yep:

(that is, you can install Pacific Fighters on top of Forgotten Battles, and get all the airplanes of the older game with the improved engine of the new game).

Same with the good old Enemy Engaged chopper sims (combine the flyable choppers and campaigns).

Wishful thinking, maybe, but it'd be neat.
:hmm:

JU_88
04-07-06, 05:37 PM
They should go ahead with the pacific as planned, you cant release 3 Uboat games in a row, that sjust plain silly.

BUT- they should fix/complete the Atlanic theatre and bundel it in with SH4, as the atlantic/Uboat war is 80% complete as it is, it just needs a hand full of addtional units and any moddifications/ new features developed for the pacific game need to be applied to the attlanic also..... I really dont think this is asking too much..