PDA

View Full Version : 1/72 German U-boat VIIC/41

Bill Nichols
03-22-06, 11:59 AM
From Revell-Germany:

http://www.squadron.com/ItemDetails.asp?item=rg5045

dcushing
03-26-06, 08:41 PM
When I first saw this advertised, I thought it woud just be a modified standard VIIC kit, but I was pleasently surprised when FedEx delivered mine last evening. The only carry over parts from the first kit are the periscopes, bow and stern torpedo tubes, bow and stern dive planes, rudder, anchor and the prop shafts, supports and props. Everything else is new. The hull is modified to accomadate the longer conning tower and gun platform. The decks simulate the later wood decks, the conning tower is completly new and the anti-aircraft guns look real nice. A well detailed snorkle is included, along with decals for eight different boats, a couple of them with very colorfull paint schemes. This makes a great companion for the standard VIIC boat.

Duncan

JetSnake
03-27-06, 09:44 PM
Did the wintergarten rails come in numerous pieces like the first VIIC kit did?

Bill Nichols
03-28-06, 07:05 AM
When I first saw this advertised, I thought it woud just be a modified standard VIIC kit, but I was pleasently surprised when FedEx delivered mine last evening. The only carry over parts from the first kit are the periscopes, bow and stern torpedo tubes, bow and stern dive planes, rudder, anchor and the prop shafts, supports and props. Everything else is new. The hull is modified to accomadate the longer conning tower and gun platform. The decks simulate the later wood decks, the conning tower is completly new and the anti-aircraft guns look real nice. A well detailed snorkle is included, along with decals for eight different boats, a couple of them with very colorfull paint schemes. This makes a great companion for the standard VIIC boat.

Duncan

Thanks for the info! I was wondering about this kit, and how it relates to the earlier 1/72 U-boat offering.

dcushing
03-28-06, 09:02 AM
The railings for both the upper and lower gundecks are in two parts just like the original VIIC.

JetSnake
03-28-06, 07:44 PM
Thats how they were supposed to be but my railings were in about 8 pieces. I heard that alot of the kits were that way.

Bill Nichols
03-31-06, 11:48 AM
Upgrade your 1/72 U-boats!

http://www.squadron.com/ItemDetails.asp?item=czn72009

:D

Sailor Steve
03-31-06, 03:12 PM
Nice interior sections!

Capn Tucker
03-31-06, 09:57 PM
Just got my VIIC/41 kit in the mail from Squadron Shop last week. Finally a late-war boat to go with my early war VIIC! And I don't have to do a ton of conversion crap; the stock kit is very very nice already.
However, the perfidious people at Czech Masters and Nautilus Models are already busily producing add-on kits for the VIIC/41 (Lord will this never end!), so I'm sure I won't be able to resist. Sigh.....